• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

You should talk to some of the veteran development folks about 2008 - 2010.

Wake lost well over $100 million in those years. The endowment is finally back to what it was in 2007.

Anyone who truly believes that the Wake Will campaign money is available for buying out Manning is a candidate for purchasing beach front property in Arizona.

Wake lost well over $100 million in those years. The endowment is finally back to what it was in 2007.

Anyone who truly believes that the Wake Will campaign money is available for buying out Manning is a candidate for purchasing beach front property in Arizona.

Were those people fired?

I think that is part of the answer. Hiring BZ within 3 days also shows that he was pretty close to the top of the list.

Hatch probably is close to as responsible as Wellman and he is still at Wake.

Having talked to hatch multiple times in person, I really don't get the impression that he was super involved or meddlesome in Athletics. My guess is he let Wellman do his thing thinking he was the expert. I don't see hatch as a micro manager. Should hatch have given Wellman the boot a while ago? For sure, however football (highest revenue) under Wellman has been the best probably in wake history with Grobe and clawson. Not to mention the other minor sports doing very well. Still no excuse for wellman tanking the men's hoops program and treating the fans like he did but I can understand somewhat hatch feeling like Wellman should have a long leash. Also someone posted that Wellman is a politician.... Exactly my experience with him. Treats those he doesn't need with borderline disdain while kissing ass to the big wigs. Wellman can play the game and that's what kept him around as long as he did and enabled him to loot us for millions

Maybe take my pro hatch post with a grain of salt.... All my interactions with him have been good and I like the guy personally. Could be clouding my judgement of his management style

Back