• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Temporary layoffs? Good times!
Easy credit ripoffs? Good times!
Ain't we lucky we got 'em? Good Times!

Actually I think his quasi-cryptic-nonsense-spouting-Tweeting habits are lame. Just say what you mean. I get the feeling he's the kind of guy who knows and loves that Wake fans like us are tempted to post and dissect his Tweets to get a read on his donor intentions. Which is ironic for someone with hashtag #SelfAwareness. Not to mention #Humility

I am much more interested in whether or not he has told Currie in private conversations that he is ready to move on to Danny's successor sooner rather than later. I suspect that Ben Sutton, Mit Shah, Ken Miller, and probably Dave Budd and CP3 need to be on board.

They would be influential in getting Hatch and the BOT on board. Especially if they would a$$i$t Currie in finding the re$ource$ to make the change.

I am much more interested in whether or not he has told Currie in private conversations that he is ready to move on to Danny's successor sooner rather than later. I suspect that Ben Sutton, Mit Shah, Ken Miller, and probably Dave Budd and CP3 need to be on board.

They would be influential in getting Hatch and the BOT on board. Especially if they would a$$i$t Currie in finding the re$ource$ to make the change.
I don't know about WF's BOT but at an exceedingly high number of schools, especially private ones with less governmental oversight, the BOT is largely a ceremonial position and members aren't prone to really do much, especially when it comes to rocking the boat. So the decision makers would seem to be Currie & Hatch with the athletic donors imposing their will as they deem appropriate.

Curious if Ben said anything after the game last night. Posted this at 1 AM.

This looks like an indirect message to Manning that its time to save face by cutting a deal to resign.

This looks like an indirect message to Manning that its time to save face by cutting a deal to resign.

Or maybe he needs a couple of more seasons so that he can implement everything he's learned after years of mistakes because he's a winner !

My favorite Sutton tweet was the one where he talked about not besmirching someone's glory.

For those of you who like to parse every Currie quote for it's "hidden meaning", here's this from his Quad email yesterday:

Sunday is a big day for the Deacs! The reigning NCAA Champions, Virginia, will visit the Joel on Sunday at noon as our men’s basketball team kicks off an ACC doubleheader. Coach Hoover and our women’s team take on Syracuse at 4 p.m. Fans are welcome to stay inside the Joel between games, however, if you choose to leave, your men’s ticket will grant you admittance for the women’s game. Purchase your tickets by clicking here and I will see you there this weekend!

No mention of the coach of the men's team, so there you have it: he's gone!

Another former big name basketball player turned coach not getting it done, but at least this one apologizes for his incompetence

Can anyone imagine Manning (or Currie) having that level of self-awareness and/or the passion to engage with fans in that way? If that's not a fire-able offense on its own, then nothing is.

Good on him for taking public accountability I guess but did anyone else find it a bit odd to focus on some streak of games with a made 3 pointer. Seems pretty inconsequential especially compared to their 23 game SEC losing streak.

Actually I think his quasi-cryptic-nonsense-spouting-Tweeting habits are lame. Just say what you mean. I get the feeling he's the kind of guy who knows and loves that Wake fans like us are tempted to post and dissect his Tweets to get a read on his donor intentions. Which is ironic for someone with hashtag #SelfAwareness. Not to mention #Humility

Deliciously ironic coming from Ben Sutton.

Can anyone imagine Manning (or Currie) having that level of self-awareness and/or the passion to engage with fans in that way? If that's not a fire-able offense on its own, then nothing is.

Sounds more to me that he was justifying leaving in his starters and jacking up 3's in a game where the other team had called off the dogs.

We are definitely in the Abyss of Hell

botticelli_hel_grt.jpg

Vandy fans really care that much about a dumb ass three point streak to pressure Stackhouse to make a public apology?

I guess they have so little to hang their hats on at this point....

Back