• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Curious if Ben said anything after the game last night. Posted this at 1 AM.

Does the DMan recognize his mistakes and learn from them? I have seen no such indication.

Vandy fans really care that much about a dumb ass three point streak to pressure Stackhouse to make a public apology?

I guess they have so little to hang their hats on at this point....

Manning hangs his hat on defense. Oh, wait....

Vandy fans really care that much about a dumb ass three point streak to pressure Stackhouse to make a public apology?

I guess they have so little to hang their hats on at this point....

They made the tournament five times last decade: 2010-12, and 16-17. They also went to the NIT in 2015. I'd rather be a Vandy fan right now, at least in MBB.

They made the tournament five times last decade: 2010-12, and 16-17. They also went to the NIT in 2015. I'd rather be a Vandy fan right now, at least in MBB.
When their suck has out achieved our suck over the same timeline, it's hard to mock their suck.

No question Sutton was a big Manning guy at one point, that is not the case any longer however.

LOSING SUCKS!

Sutton has to finally be on board that a coaching change is long overdue now.

LOSING SUCKS!

Sutton has to finally be on board that a coaching change is long overdue now.

He is one of about a half dozen people who have to be on board (or at least acquiescent) for anything to happen.

who gives a crap what Sutton thinks. Manning sucks and needs to go.

Sutton has his name on facilities for sports at Wake. He is on of the people who would have to assist Currie getting the Re$ource$ to remove Manning.

If the reports are correct, Currie will need significant re$ource$ to change basketball coaches.

As I was listening to this past Tuesday’s episode of Pardon My Take one of the hosts’ “hot seat” was UNC Basketball. I immediately started smiling as they trashed Roy and the team, then one of the hosts said “they’re dead last right? Even behind Wake Forest!?” at which point they all busted their guts laughing in unison. My smile faded so damn fast. Fuck.

Sutton has his name on facilities for sports at Wake. He is on of the people who would have to assist Currie getting the Re$ource$ to remove Manning.

If the reports are correct, Currie will need significant re$ource$ to change basketball coaches.

They can pay Manning's buyout in installments from the extra revenue they will have from hiring a real coach.

This was always the case. Manning costs Wake much more in lost revenue than the money on that contract. Should have cut bait as soon as possible to save money.

They can pay Manning's buyout in installments from the extra revenue they will have from hiring a real coach.

This was always the case. Manning costs Wake much more in lost revenue than the money on that contract. Should have cut bait as soon as possible to save money.

My totally uneducated guess is that even if we had tons of fans there, ticket revenue is dwarfed by TV money, so the sting from the empty seats is probably more psychological than financial

My totally uneducated guess is that even if we had tons of fans there, ticket revenue is dwarfed by TV money, so the sting from the empty seats is probably more psychological than financial

Figure 5,000 seats per game. Include parking, food, and merchandise. That covers his salary easily.

Then you have lost sales on merchandise in general. I would not buy something with Wake on it at any cost right now. If given to me, I would not wear it.

The lack of exposure is also very costly - essentially lost a decade of free advertising

Some of you guys completely underestimate how large and challenging this buyout is to a small school like Wake. By waiting a year, the buyout this spring will probably come down to be in the $12-15 mil range (source is a trustee). That is larger than our annual budget for the whole football program. We absolutely need for the big money families to be on Board. And hopefully, they will exercise enough clout to ensure that current and future idiots in the AD office and in the university administration can never let something this derelict ever happen again.

Back