• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

Like i said they are looking for any excuse to keep Manning. The big dogs like Manning and are comftorable with him. FWIW I think Manning will be back next year but well see how it plays out.

FWIW - Can confirm, everyone in the AD was extremely surprised when Wellman announced the retaining of Danny. Heard things have changed quite a bit with Currie. Nobody in the AD thinks there’s any way Manning is kept, but then again, it’s Wake Forest.

I think we really need the “rock bottom” game where we get crushed by someone mediocre at home by 30 in front of like 230 people. at some point the personal embarrassment of keeping him will be too much.

I think we really need the “rock bottom” game where we get crushed by someone mediocre at home by 30 in front of like 230 people. at some point the personal embarrassment of keeping him will be too much.

Hold up. We haven’t hit rock bottom yet?

I talked to a friend of mine in the AD that went to wake same years I did and they definitely bought into Wellman's narrative. Now I wouldn't doubt that the ad employees believed the emporer tapped the phones. The line I was fed was, well we really can't compete until our facilities are upgraded and finally this year (March 2019) we have ok facilities to compete. I responded, we have had better facilities than Houston Baptist ect so what's the excuse for losing to them? He said we shouldn't but they would address the bad defense the next year and improve. I have a feeling any sign of improvement will be cause for keeping Danny around. I've never ever rooted against wake before I'm any sport even during the redacted years, but this year since the loss at Charlotte I've been rooting for us to lose out, sad as I am to say. The better statistical defense this year does really worry me a lot.

One final thought.... Unlike Wellman with whom I had multiple interactions while at wake (all of which left me feeling like he was pompous and egocentric) don't know much about Currie so I can't really throw in my two cents on him much. I will say my friends in the AD say he is really into getting personal with the fan and reaching out to as many as he can which is a huge departure from Wellman's Ivory tower. I am beyond sure he knows he will have even less than the historical low fan support we've had this year if he keeps Manning next year but I'm afraid, as other posters have mentioned time and time again, that there may be obstacles in the way of firing Manning next year. If we lose out I don't see how he could justify keeping him but one or two more games might keep him around

Talked to him recently? Cannot imagine any AD support or morale.

I simply don't think he's retained. Currie wants to matter.

I was a student at Wake at the same time as Currie. We were there during some of the best years and moments in Deacon basketball history. I’m assuming he bleeds black and gold like a lot of us. He isn’t human if he doesn’t want to get the basketball program back to the atmosphere and winning ways we had back in the early/mid 90’s. He wants to put his stamp on the program in his first year by making a change and hiring the right coach as soon as possible. It sounds like he is already making other subtle changes throughout the AD which is a welcome sign of things to come. Go Deacs!

I've been told by more than one "insider" that $$$ isn't the big impediment here. It's some guy named Nathan Orr Hatch. Take it FWIW which is probably not much.

Hatch should be forced to attend and actually watch all remaining home games.

I was a student at Wake at the same time as Currie. We were there during some of the best years and moments in Deacon basketball history. I’m assuming he bleeds black and gold like a lot of us. He isn’t human if he doesn’t want to get the basketball program back to the atmosphere and winning ways we had back in the early/mid 90’s. He wants to put his stamp on the program in his first year by making a change and hiring the right coach as soon as possible. It sounds like he is already making other subtle changes throughout the AD which is a welcome sign of things to come. Go Deacs!

I was also at Wake during this time... I know we never came close to winning a natty, but good gracious we had some good teams back then and we had some outstanding wins in the Joel that made the campus buzz with excitement. I can’t imagine that curry , having been a student then, doesn’t burn to get back to those days. Please currie. Please.

That Miami win over VT last night officially puts us in dead last place all by ourselves in Danny's 6th season.

I was also at Wake during this time... I know we never came close to winning a natty, but good gracious we had some good teams back then and we had some outstanding wins in the Joel that made the campus buzz with excitement. I can’t imagine that curry , having been a student then, doesn’t burn to get back to those days. Please currie. Please.

Hope so but everyone's priorities are different.

I hope Currie's priorities are not keeping Hatch and the blue hairs happy while not rocking the boat.

I don't know the man but doing that which is most likely to continue a very nice revenue stream for your family is probably more important than reliving sports fandom of college days.

Hope he can do both.

That Miami win over VT last night officially puts us in dead last place all by ourselves in Danny's 6th season.

I know it's a delicate balance for Conor and Les but they should be focusing on Manning's preseason prediction that Wake basketball would take a step. Is last place in the acc a step? Are terrible crowds in the Joel a step? Is total fan apathy and disgust a step? Is defensive ineptitude a step? Currie has been very quiet on Twitter recently. Maybe he finally realizes he has to get rid of the moron in March.

Really not fair to judge Manning on this season with injuries to key players like Childress and Brown.

Really not fair to judge Manning on this season with injuries to key players like Childress and Brown.

also Okeke and Ingraham

don't forget Hoard leaving early

Manning is meeting or exceeding expectations yet again

Back