• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is worse: Jeff B or Manning?

Who is the worse WF coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's like a choice between going to the dentist or to the proctologist. They both service orifices.

Sucks to go to an appointment to either one.

Remember that time that Danny almost got us to the NCAA tournament with a top 20 NBA pick?

Remember that time that Danny almost got us to the NCAA tournament with a top 20 NBA pick?

Hell you could say (which I do) manning underperformed with that team. Couldn’t even get in ncaa (I don’t count play in as tournament)

Buzz because Ron was shoving him down our throat.

Now that the fire is dead and I don't care, Manning isn't that bad.

If we’re going to go on pure coaching Bz hands down. He is the better basketball coach. If we’re going on big wins (that were meaningless), Bz wins that award too.

If we’re going on everything involved with being a basketball coach, I’d pick Manning. He’s sent some people to pro ball. He’s had an NCAA tournament appearance. He had less when he got here. He’s just not very smart, and not a good coach in terms of play designs, player rotations, scheme, and in game coaching. I think this year has been better because he has a more experienced staff. But those guys only do so much.

This year is really not better we still sick as bad.

It's like a choice between going to the dentist or to the proctologist. They both service orifices.

Sucks to go to an appointment to either one.

You compare going to the dentist and going to the proctologist as equally unpleasant experiences?

I’m telling you, while this thread is interesting, it also forces you to try to point out the positives regarding one coach over the other and that’s just an empty exercise. They are both simple huge negatives for wake forest.

In [Redacted]'s 4th season, he went 17-16 with wins over UNC and Duke, and won an ACC Tournament game.

In Manning's 4th (and 5th) season, he went 11-20. His 6th season looks to shape up around the same.

Amazingly, Manning is much worse.

What form of cancer would you prefer to have? Rectal or Colon?
Because that's what a "choice" betwixt Buzzzdick and Mannikin amounts to.

Buzz definitely worse, but Manning May damage the program more because we seem incapable of getting rid of his contract. Manning did some good things early and then it all went to hell after Collins left.

Should have been given his walking papers and we wouldn’t be in that bad of a situation. The longer this prolongs the more obvious it is that he is destroying the program.

Wake brass have to figure out a way to bring in a new coach this offseason. We are averaging about 5,000 fans a night and that number is inflated significantly.

As far as a tactician bench coach if you gave them each the same lineup then Bz would win 75% of the time.

Manning went 2-16 in the ACC with a team with John Collins, Doral Moore, Devin Thomas, Dinos, Bryant Crawford and CMM.

Manning somehow lucked into one halfway decent season in the middle of 6 years of gross underachievement.

To me they are equally bad. Neither can coach in-game basketball, can't make adjustments, can't teach the nuances of the game, aren't good leaders of men, and weren't/haven't been able to recruit once these things were known. Bzzz gets my vote as worse because at least he came into a situation that was better than Manning did. My expectations were higher with Manning, though. I had no positive vibes from the start with Bzzz but I did with Manning. He at least had some credibility coming in.

Buzz definitely worse, but Manning May damage the program more because we seem incapable of getting rid of his contract. Manning did some good things early and then it all went to hell after Collins left.

Should have been given his walking papers and we wouldn’t be in that bad of a situation. The longer this prolongs the more obvious it is that he is destroying the program.

Wake brass have to figure out a way to bring in a new coach this offseason. We are averaging about 5,000 fans a night and that number is inflated significantly.

Should’ve been given his walking papers when? It’s not like if he would’ve been fired last year we would be in a much better situation. We would only be one year closer to finally digging out. But we were never going to be in “that bad a situation” following either of these guys’ tenures unless the firing was after about two years.

This is like comparing two piles of manure. They both are nauseatingly disgusting and would never even think to compare the 2 piles but unfortunately we stepped into both of them. ;)

- Manning
- Buzzdelick, who may have had more success than Manning, but was a complete horses ass of a human being
- Bob Staak

Great vetting of coaching candidates. Well done Athletics.

Wedged around those guys are 3 of the greatest: Tacy/Odom/Skip

So, there's hope.

Manning by sheer volume (two more years) and AD audacity (the ludicrous extension).

You compare going to the dentist and going to the proctologist as equally unpleasant experiences?

I’m telling you, while this thread is interesting, it also forces you to try to point out the positives regarding one coach over the other and that’s just an empty exercise. They are both simple huge negatives for wake forest.

Some people enjoy butt stuff.

Back