• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is worse: Jeff B or Manning?

Who is the worse WF coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[Redacted] was like watching someone murder your friend. It was painful and you screamed with horror. How could this happen? Why? Rage followed, especially at the bastard who gave him the weapon.

Manning is like finding out that the mortician took liberties with your friends corpse. It's really gross, but I mean he's already dead. You just shake your head and move on.

[Redacted] was like watching someone murder your friend. It was painful and you screamed with horror. How could this happen? Why? Rage followed, especially at the bastard who gave him the weapon.

Manning is like finding out that the mortician took liberties with your friends corpse. It's really gross, but I mean he's already dead. You just shake your head and move on.

Lol.

Wow... Nice

If Danny had any integrity he would admit that he sucks at coaching and leave. But he doesn't so he just stands around and talks about paint touches.

2015-16 and 17-18 were the worst coaching jobs of the 10 year period. Dumbo Danny had very good talent those 2 years and lost 20 games. That was hard to do. Probably 20 losses from blown leads over the last 7-10 minutes.

This is really an impossible question to answer. They were so very bad in their own way.

BZ was unbelievably bad at connecting with that first group of players. That was one of the worst years any ACC team ever experienced. Just awful blow-out after awful blow-out.
Once he got his own recruits that somehow hated him less, he was just a normally really bad coach instead of an all-world bad coach. He would never be able to connect with any really talented recruits.

Manning had some pretty decent talent. Certainly talent capable of at least mediocrity for an ACC team (18-20 wins a year). Manning just has no idea what to do with it. He cannot motivate or teach.
He has an idea what he wants to do but it does not translate to the college game and he has no clue how to fix it or what to do next. He should read a book on beginner coaching.

Wellman and Hatch should apologize every day and should empty their bank accounts trying to fix the damage they have done and continue to do to the image of the university.

This is a fantastic interpretation of the past 10 years. Congrats.

This is really an impossible question to answer. They were so very bad in their own way.

BZ was unbelievably bad at connecting with that first group of players. That was one of the worst years any ACC team ever experienced. Just awful blow-out after awful blow-out.
Once he got his own recruits that somehow hated him less, he was just a normally really bad coach instead of an all-world bad coach. He would never be able to connect with any really talented recruits.

Manning had some pretty decent talent. Certainly talent capable of at least mediocrity for an ACC team (18-20 wins a year). Manning just has no idea what to do with it. He cannot motivate or teach.
He has an idea what he wants to do but it does not translate to the college game and he has no clue how to fix it or what to do next. He should read a book on beginner coaching.

Wellman and Hatch should apologize every day and should empty their bank accounts trying to fix the damage they have done and continue to do to the image of the university.

To his credit, he did get commitments from Shelton Mitchell and Isaac Haas. Both were better than all but 3 or 4 of Manning's recruits. I'd take John Collins over Haas but Isaac and Shelton were at least ACC caliber players.

lol

For people talking about Bzzz's recruiting...Danny Manning is in his 6th year and Wake Forest ranks 13th out of 15 in the ACC for average recruit rating.

Manning's first couple of classes were pretty solid- he just couldn't coach them or convince them to stay. Jeffrey's recruiting sucked from start to finish.

For me, in that scenario the mortician is even worse than the murderer. Which may actually still make your metaphor work.

If we had one coach who combined Manning’s recruiting with [name redacted]’s in game coaching abilities, we’d have... well, we’d have what we have now.

This is one of the best post ever on the boards.

Maybe it's just apathy, but bzzz did inspire a billboard to be put up.

Winning some random games against our rival or top teams really doesn't mean much if they don't matter in the standings. Bob Staak beat a few top teams and was a 'blarge' away from making the ACCT Championship game.

The only glimmer of hope we've had was the year we 'made' the NCAAT. It's unfortunate that our administration acted like we made a run to the final 4 in rewarding our coach.

Jeffrey's recruiting sucked from start to finish.

It certainly wasn't up to snuff with our historic recruiting, but it wasn't that far off what Manning has produced.

His 2012 class was ranked #22 in the nation and included CMM, Devin Thomas and Tyler Cavanaugh. People were also excited about role players Rountree and Moto.

2013 included Greg McClinton, who was awful, but - ranking wise - would have been the best recruit in Manning's 2016, 2019, and 2020 classes.

2011 included Chase Fischer, who didn't do much at Wake but was the 3rd leading scorer of an NCAA tournament team, and then the leading scorer of an NIT-semifinals team.

I hate defending [name redacted], but Manning has been, by no means, a great recruiter.

Manning recruited pretty well before he coached a game and during and right after the First Four season. That’s it.

Maybe it's just apathy, but bzzz did inspire a billboard to be put up.

That was back when everyone assumed Wellman was the only issue, before we realized Hatch and big donors were bought into the bullshit as well.

Back