• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is worse: Jeff B or Manning?

Who is the worse WF coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For people talking about Bzzz's recruiting...Danny Manning is in his 6th year and Wake Forest ranks 13th out of 15 in the ACC for average recruit rating.

Yeah. Now he has a clear reputation as a head coach. In his first few years he was recruiting off his name as a player and time as a coach at Kansas. Now recruits can see him for what he is as a head coach and the recruiting results reflect that.

Yeah. Now he has a clear reputation as a head coach. In his first few years he was recruiting off his name as a player and time as a coach at Kansas. Now recruits can see him for what he is as a head coach and the recruiting results reflect that.

And I’m not quite sure what “talent” redacted had when he took over. Everyone is saying he had a better situation.
Don’t see it. Hell, manning had Thomas and CMM when he started. Better than anything redacted had

I respectfully disagree. Should have cut him after stetson or year 1 or year 2 and a better coach and a recruiting bump could have been ahead of where he was in Yr 4. To have gone from Dino to crevice was enough to can him after year 1.

So when would you have fired Danny?

The current regime has 0 wins of consequence in 6 years. The 6 year highlight was a lay down in a play in game. No one has done worse.

No contest
26-74 so far for the Mannakin. 21 of those wins(9 of them in 16-17)against BC, Pitt, State 5 ea, GT and UM 3 each. 0-fer vs. Duke, UNC, UVA and fing Clemson!

And I’m not quite sure what “talent” redacted had when he took over. Everyone is saying he had a better situation.
Don’t see it. Hell, manning had Thomas and CMM when he started. Better than anything redacted had

Manning also could have had Cavanaugh and Moto, who both turned out to be very nice college players, but he obviously didn't need them. NR's 4th year team was easily better than current "coach's" 6th year team. O significant wins in 5 and a half years. No one's ever done worse, including Bob Staak

In addition to the four teams Manning's never beaten in the ACC Clemson Virginia UNC and Duke, there are four more teams that Manning has only defeated once Syracuse Louisville Notre Dame and Florida State. So in year six of his tenure he only has two or more wins against six of the other 14 ACC teams. Playing each team what eight or nine times.

Manning also could have had Cavanaugh and Moto, who both turned out to be very nice college players, but he obviously didn't need them. NR's 4th year team was easily better than current "coach's" 6th year team. 0 significant wins in 5 and a half years. No one's ever done worse, including Bob Staak

Danny "O'fer" Manning :tard:

CJ Harris was All-Freshman and then made All-ACC Third Team as a junior. Bzz never recruited a single player who made All-ACC. Harris was better than CMM and McKie was better than Devin.

Manning also could have had Cavanaugh and Moto, who both turned out to be very nice college players, but he obviously didn't need them. NR's 4th year team was easily better than current "coach's" 6th year team. O significant wins in 5 and a half years. No one's ever done worse, including Bob Staak

I'll give Danny 1 - the win over #8 Louisville to get us into the play-in game. Did a quick wiki search and it's pretty amazing how bad we have been under dipshit. Here is our record against ranked teams. 4-42

0-7
1-9 Indiana
1-7 Louisville
0-7
1-9 NC State
1-3 Xavier

Just amazing that we couldn't shit-can him after the 0-7 season 4 at the very least.

Oh, wait.... he was given a guaranteed extension before then instead!? :eek:

Mannequin will get another opportunity Saturday to get that monkey off of his back. Maybe this will be the step we have all been waiting for.... The take-down of the mighty Clemson Tiger basketball team in year 6.

WOW!

2014–15 Wake Forest 13–19 5–13 12th
2015–16 Wake Forest 11–20 2–16 13th
2016–17 Wake Forest 19–14 9–9 10th NCAA Division I First Four
2017–18 Wake Forest 11–20 4–14 14th
2018–19 Wake Forest 11–20 4–14 13th

Wake Forest: 65–93 (.411) 24–66 (.267)
Total: 103–122 (.458)

WOW!

2014–15 Wake Forest 13–19 5–13 12th
2015–16 Wake Forest 11–20 2–16 13th
2016–17 Wake Forest 19–14 9–9 10th NCAA Division I First Four
2017–18 Wake Forest 11–20 4–14 14th
2018–19 Wake Forest 11–20 4–14 13th

Wake Forest: 65–93 (.411) 24–66 (.267)
Total: 103–122 (.458)

the double wow is wake is "averaging" a record of 13-19 and 5-13 over those years. Ironically exactly the same as year 1. Absolutely zero progress.

Back