• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia declares state of emergency ahead of gun rally

People of all races, genders, and backgrounds have guns. Only shitty white guys seem to willing to go to war over it.

Don't forget about the girlfriends/wives of those shitty white guys. They love their guns too. Pretty misogynistic of you not to include their women.

col angus calls it the war of northern agression.

I grew up in MD, and I remember my American History teacher in HS was a huge fan of Lincoln and Grant, and I had never heard that term. Then I got to Wake. Needless to say, I avoided Smiley when selecting American History courses to take.

images

Don't forget about the girlfriends/wives of those shitty white guys. They love their guns too. Pretty misogynistic of you not to include their women.

Are they talking about going to war, too? 99% of the posts and quotes I see about it are from dudes. Like I said, people from all genders have guns, but only one group is talking about war.

At least this 1 isn't in Cville.

Yeah, this one is in my backyard. I keep hearing radio ads from a local sporting goods company for people to go to this protest and "stop the fake news". Probably similar radio ads across the state with different gun sellers.

Are they talking about going to war, too? 99% of the posts and quotes I see about it are from dudes. Like I said, people from all genders have guns, but only one group is talking about war.

I was being facetious. Sorry.

Runner, I left town for that rally here after what had happened in Berkeley and Portland. I'm hoping your rally doesn't attract counter protesters and end in violence.

my BIL has some choice Facebook posts about what's going on there. seems like he hopes a bunch of counties will secede and go to WV. but I guess he would also hope his city secedes as well since VA has those nutty independent cities not in counties.

my BIL has some choice Facebook posts about what's going on there. seems like he hopes a bunch of counties will secede and go to WV. but I guess he would also hope his city secedes as well since VA has those nutty independent cities not in counties.

I don't know that our system is nutty, though it has led to many fights between independent cities and their surrounding counties. Here in Cville, we had a big to do back in the 1990s when our city was threatening to revert to town status and thus become part of Albemarle. Funny thing was both the conservatives in the county and the more progressive Dems in the city didn't want any part of it. And yes, we do end up with fairly regular revenue sharing battles between the city and county, and it's fair to say both governments don't trust the other.

I don't know that our system is nutty, though it has led to many fights between independent cities and their surrounding counties. Here in Cville, we had a big to do back in the 1990s when our city was threatening to revert to town status and thus become part of Albemarle. Funny thing was both the conservatives in the county and the more progressive Dems in the city didn't want any part of it. And yes, we do end up with fairly regular revenue sharing battles between the city and county, and it's fair to say both governments don't trust the other.

nah, VA is a weird fuckin' state...excuse me, commonwealth. between your independent cities, 1-term governors and anything UVA-related (the lawn NOT quad, first/second/third/fourth years, the grounds NOT campus, etc), you guys are weird. also, Staunton is pronounced incorrectly. there's a fucking U in it.

nah, VA is a weird fuckin' state...excuse me, commonwealth. between your independent cities, 1-term governors and anything UVA-related (the lawn NOT quad, first/second/third/fourth years, the grounds NOT campus, etc), you guys are weird. also, Staunton is pronounced incorrectly. there's a fucking U in it.

Not to mention right below Staunton is Buena Vista, pronounced byuna. And within an hours drive of Cville, we have Wingina, Negro Foot and Bumpass. And don't forget UVA folks refer to it as The University and refer to Jefferson as Mr. Jefferson. But at least UVA has no conceit associated with it.

That said, would still rather live here than in MD where I grew up.

The Sheriff of Wicomico County, on Maryland's Eastern Shore, is interviewed in 2014 on Youtube extolling the wonderful virtues of the county's gun culture ("our culture is to hunt and fish...best waterfowl hunting anywhere...I've been holding a gun since I was probably old enough to walk.") He goes on to say he doesn't go anywhere without his gun (he's a sheriff, duh), claims that the county has "a simplistic way of life" and that their guns "hurt no one, literally no one" except for the "bad guys", of course. He then claims that as long as he's the county sheriff, he won't allow the federal government "to come in here and strip my citizens of their right to bear arms" and that if the feds try to do this, it will be "an all-out Civil War." Again, this is the county sheriff and chief law-enforcement officer saying this.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbz_V5FET3k&fbclid=IwAR0MtyBT4Ks9IDDmC9qXzvzCrMdGM0Ha1x8u2YvKa06HsTTbI2v4BoooXuo

Last edited:
Americans love guns. But Russia figured out that shitty white guys love their guns more than they love Americans.

I still don't know who they think they're going to fight in this civil war.

Back