• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia declares state of emergency ahead of gun rally

On that de-escalation note, there was a conspicuous absence of police in full riot gear that tend to show up at Black Lives Matter rallies. They also arrested one random person for wearing a mask in public (apparently thats illegal), even though there were many people wearing masks. The person arrested did not appear to be affiliated with the militia.

https://www.virginiamercury.com/blo...oman-for-wearing-bandanna-near-pro-gun-rally/

So the argument is a bunch of people brought guns to an event where there was no reason to expect violence.

The flag with the Confederate symbol and Virginia state seal is a nice touch. But no white supremacists in sight, according to Angus.

The flag with the Confederate symbol and Virginia state seal is a nice touch. But no white supremacists in sight, according to Angus.

And the neo-Nazi in the other tweet. It’s about heritage, not hate.

Whenever we drive up to Blowing Rock we pass this general store that has a bunch of flags for sale outside. My favorite is the half US/half Confederate flag. Guess it’s like one of those House Divided license plates.

Well, also that the FBI has spent a week frantically arresting crazies that were *planning* violence at the rally.

Well, also that the FBI has spent a week frantically arresting tons of crazies that were *planning* violence at the rally.

Well, that just can't be - it must be a lie spread by CNN and MSNBC. My sources have said that you can't trust those two networks.

Well, also that the FBI has spent a week frantically arresting crazies that were *planning* violence at the rally.

So you’re telling me the Deep State prevented responsible gun owners from attending the rally?

what's your relationship with guns, CA? genuinely curious.

You have to understand that most of CA is rural. The distance from the CA/OR border to the Mexican border is just a little bit shorter than the distance from Boston to Jacksonville.

You also have to understand that there are conservative urban and suburban areas like around San Diego and the Central Valley going towards Silicon Valley. Orange County used to be one of the most conservative areas in the country. It's now moving towards purple.

I think there would be the votes to make universal background checks for all transfer of ownership of guns and rifles. I think you could get a vote to ban large capacity devices. I think banning assault weapons would pass but be very close. If gun shows weren't such huge business here, I'd love to see them banned as well.

You have to understand that most of CA is rural. The distance from the CA/OR border to the Mexican border is just a little bit shorter than the distance from Boston to Jacksonville.

You also have to understand that there are conservative urban and suburban areas like around San Diego and the Central Valley going towards Silicon Valley. Orange County used to be one of the most conservative areas in the country. It's now moving towards purple.

I think there would be the votes to make universal background checks for all transfer of ownership of guns and rifles. I think you could get a vote to ban large capacity devices. I think banning assault weapons would pass but be very close. If gun shows weren't such huge business here, I'd love to see them banned as well.

I went to a bar yesterday in Northern California to watch the 49ers game. I was chatting with the guy next to me and I told him that I was from South Carolina and former law enforcement. He looked me square in the eye and asked if I was pro gun and if I was carrying at the moment. I found it interesting that he asked bc of being affiliated with law enforcement and not being from SC. It honestly could have gone both ways and neither would justify me having a gun in a crowded bar while drinking.

I went to a bar yesterday in Northern California to watch the 49ers game. I was chatting with the guy next to me and I told him that I was from South Carolina and former law enforcement. He looked me square in the eye and asked if I was pro gun and if I was carrying at the moment. I found it interesting that he asked bc of being affiliated with law enforcement and not being from SC. It honestly could have gone both ways and neither would justify me having a gun in a crowded bar while drinking.

I think TN had a law that you could carry in a bar if your promised not to drink.

"pro gun" ? this country sucks

Back