• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia declares state of emergency ahead of gun rally

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
The governor said on Twitter that the authorities had identified credible “threats of violence,” including from out-of-state militia groups and hate groups that planned disruptions. He said the authorities had also found extremist rhetoric online similar to what had been seen in 2017 before the Charlottesville rally, when white nationalists and counterprotesters clashed in a deadly fight over the removal of Confederate monuments.

Democrats won both houses of the General Assembly in November, taking full control of state government in part based on their promises to enact gun control measures. Among the issues under consideration: background checks for gun owners, a red flag law that would allow the authorities to take firearms away from people deemed dangerous to themselves or others, and the potential to limit gun purchases to one per month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/15/us/virginia-gun-rights-rally.html#click=https://t.co/0xLECeKteR

The efforts of Virginia's state government to pass some gun control legislation has driven parts of the right mad. Right-wing social media is full of stories about how they're coming to get yer guns, and that Virginia is just a test case to see if "they" (global urban elites, Bloomberg, the Deep State, whatever other shadow groups they can think of) can take away people's guns. If they succeed in VA, they'll do it in every state. There's a lot of talk on my facebook feed about how this is Virginia's "Cold Civil War" and all good patriotic Real Americans need to come to Virginia to protest and, if necessary, fight to protect their constitutional rights. One poster linked a youtube show from some guy in Arizona about it. Also a lot of talk about how Northam and the leaders of the VA legislature are Communists who have read The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kempf and are "following their playbook" to take away constitutional rights in VA. So yeah, I believe Northam's announcement that violence is definitely possible. Many of these people are nuts, plain and simple.

Youtube broadcast of Arizona gun nut talking about VA's "Cold Civil War": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsWfJDl_tHI&fbclid=IwAR0V4ytkk-E4Q0BglTs9OQXHLsRmmAbThcXUnJxquVEvTiEgfbbrL0JtwGE

Last edited:
Damn.

It’s almost like some people prefer a misperception of persecution.

i love all the God blesses.

God bless and let's go kill some stuff!!!

anyone that talks about a civil war is just plain stupid and fucked in the head. i can't stand stupidity...that is all the Republican party has left. sad

Sounds like overreach from the democrats again! What could possibly happen at a right-wing rally in Virginia?

What are the elected Republican leaders doing about this?

This won't be the first time white people have started a race war because they didn't like election results. History is repeating.

race war? i thought it was a civil war.

i guess these guns dumb asses just want to kill people...it doesn't matter who.

race war? i thought it was a civil war.

i guess these guns dumb asses just want to kill people...it doesn't matter who.

The Civil War was a race war.

The Civil War was a race war.

this one is a partisan civil war, not a race war. i don't think they were talking past tense or he is reeeeaaaaalllllly late to the party.

this one is a partisan civil war, not a race war. i don't think they were talking past tense or he is reeeeaaaaalllllly late to the party.

People of all races, genders, and backgrounds have guns. Only shitty white guys seem to willing to go to war over it.

Back