• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - BC Eagles - LJVM Sunday 6 pm - ACCN

Always happy to beat BC. What's up with Chaundee Brown? Hopefully he'll be back for the Clemson game.

BC has to be moving on from Christian sometime soon, right? I mean, that is by far the worst job in the conference, but it feels time. Larranaga's time at the U feels like it's coming to an end, too.

just moved ahead of UNC in the ACC standings

BC was seriously depleted and looked horrible. But still we shared the ball well, great balanced scoring.

Ody is going to become a very nice player. This was his best game by far. If he develops a jumper he will be a problem.

Johnson should never play. Uncoachable. He drew at least three charge calls, just puts his head down and charges. Extremely low b-ball IQ. never changes his approach.

Brandon is feast or famine. Tonight was good Brandon.

Large(r) attendance bc of free tix giveaways. Nice atmosphere and energy actually.

Johnson should never play. Uncoachable. He drew at least three charge calls, just puts his head down and charges. Extremely low b-ball IQ. never changes his approach.

Haven't been paying much attention this season (or last) so I didn't even know who Johnson was. I figured he was a transfer since I don't recall seeing his name in any of the recruiting threads. Found this tidbit:

"Graduate transfer from Northern Arizona in his second season at Wake Forest after being granted a sixth season"

Pretty insane. Redshirted, then missed one due to injury.

Hey, good teams do this all the time. Starting Iguana and waiting to put our most consistent and best player in...makes sense. Right?

Sarcasm I assume. Come on. Sarr has a slow start in his first couple game, DM put him on the bench and they he played better, so logically Sarr likes coming in off the bench.

I don't think that Wake trailed at any point in the game. If that is true, it has been a while since that happened in an ACC game.

LIke most of us now, I only watch Wake hoops occasionally and not the whole game at that, but I happened to look at the team stats tonight and noticed that Sunday Okeke has only played in 2 games for a total of 5 minutes. Is he injured or is he just out of the rotation now.

Okeke out for the season with a torn achilles tendon.

Deacs played well with the exception of 16 turnovers that resulted in 21 points.

Manning coaches better with a depleted line up. Fewer concerns over minutes allowed a seven man rotation to get into the flow of the game and capitalize on opportunities.

Manning used Sarr, Oguama and Massoud for 77 minutes in a three man rotation at PF and C. He kept rotating despite personal foul totals that usually result in bench time. He didn't use four guards to match up with BC. He had an advantage down low and maintained it. The result was 44 points, 29 rebounds and decent interior passing. OK defense. Kudos to the players. Kudos to Manning for trying something that made sense. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

Ody Oguama likes playing against BC. A lot.

Childress played well. Kept the ball moving, dished dimes, scored efficiently and worked on D. Minimal bull rushes or extended dribbling. The team kept the ball moving.

Massoud stepped up. Good numbers and surprising D. BC had eight turnovers and Massoud created four of them with quick defensive positioning in the low post. Three traveling violations and a lost dribble. Quickly got out to the perimeter with a hand up and a defensive stance. He needs minutes.

I do realize the Deacs faced a depleted squad. I've watched too many games where they have lost in similar circumstances and my comments weren't complimentary. They won and I enjoyed it. Kudos when earned. The crap will likely return all too soon.

Thad Matta. That is all.

Okeke out for the season with a torn achilles tendon.

Deacs played well with the exception of 16 turnovers that resulted in 21 points.

Manning coaches better with a depleted line up. Fewer concerns over minutes allowed a seven man rotation to get into the flow of the game and capitalize on opportunities.

Manning used Sarr, Oguama and Massoud for 77 minutes in a three man rotation at PF and C. He kept rotating despite personal foul totals that usually result in bench time. He didn't use four guards to match up with BC. He had an advantage down low and maintained it. The result was 44 points, 29 rebounds and decent interior passing. OK defense. Kudos to the players. Kudos to Manning for trying something that made sense. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

Ody Oguama likes playing against BC. A lot.

Childress played well. Kept the ball moving, dished dimes, scored efficiently and worked on D. Minimal bull rushes or extended dribbling. The team kept the ball moving.

Massoud stepped up. Good numbers and surprising D. BC had eight turnovers and Massoud created four of them with quick defensive positioning in the low post. Three traveling violations and a lost dribble. Quickly got out to the perimeter with a hand up and a defensive stance. He needs minutes.

I do realize the Deacs faced a depleted squad. I've watched too many games where they have lost in similar circumstances and my comments weren't complimentary. They won and I enjoyed it. Kudos when earned. The crap will likely return all too soon.

Thad Matta. That is all.

Excellent.

I can't believe our Super Bowl only merits a six-page thread.

I was surprised to see that Sharone Wright, Jr. only played four minutes. With the guys injured, I would expect him to get more playing time.

The shorter the bench the better as less chance for Manning to screw it up.

Good for the kids to get a nice home win last night. Been far too few over THE DECADE OF LOSS.

I don't think i ever raised my voice about talking level the entire game. I can remember leaving Wake games hoarse with my shirt drenched in sweat.

Back