• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - BC Eagles - LJVM Sunday 6 pm - ACCN

Pilchard

Reaction score
Ready for the battle between the two lowest rated teams in the conference? Say yes. Please.

It's #168 (BC) v. #112 (WF). Feels more like an America East conference game than an ACC game; even so, here we go with any updated take on the Eagles:

This season: BC sits at 9-8 (3-3). They are 2-3 in road games. Top 100 wins: #63 @ND by 1 and #42 UVA by 7. When BC loses, they usually lose big: #85 Belmont by 15, #87 St. Louis by 12, #77 Richmond by 20, #118 Northwestern by 18, #2 Duke by 39, #85 GT by 19, #53 Cuse by 16. Setting the tone for another sad WF basketball season, the Deacs lost the opener to BC back on November 6 (to give an idea about how long ago that was, when WF lost at BC in hoop, the football Deacs were 7-1 and ranked, there was seemingly legit Orange Bowl talk and Jamie Newman was enrolled in classes at Mother So Dear and beloved by all on this board. How quickly times change!). In the loss at Chestnut Hill, WF trailed from 6 minutes into the game on and was thoroughly outplayed. Chill led WF with 24 (yes, scoring big late), and Isiah Mucius had a season high 18 (fwiw, since that game, Mucius has shot 21% from 3 and 38% from 2; collectively 34% from the field in the last 15 games - I challenge anyone to find another college player 6-8 or taller that has taken at least a 100 shots and shot worse than 34% from the field). For BC, Derryck Thornton (24 points) and Nik Popovoc (19 points) led BC. Popovic has been out since December 3 with back issues. Without Popovic, BC has no consistent inside presence.

The lineup: in it's last game (the big loss to Cuse), BC started: 6-3 Derryck Thornton (his first game in 2020 as he had been out with an injury), 6-3 Jay Heath, 6-7 CJ Felder, 6-8 Steffon Mitchell and 6-8 Jarius Hamilton. Off the bench, BC primarily plays 6-4 Jared Hamilton (Jarius' older brother) and 6-5 Julian Rishwan. Thornton is BC's leading scorer, but he has been inconsistent shooting 23% from 3 and less than 40% from the field. Frosh Jay Heath is BC's best outside threat hitting 37% from deep (he was 0-5 against Cuse). BC has been atrocious offensively in ACC games shooting 27% from 3, 46% from 2 and 57% from the line. Defensively, BC has been able to force TOs in ACC play (21% TO rate -- #4 in the ACC), but has otherwise been soft on defense in conference games giving up offensive boards (opponents rebound 31% of their missed shots) and easy scores inside (opponents shoot 50% on 2 point shots).

The bottom line: KP projects an 8 point WF win -- 74-66. Check out this stat: on Sunday, WF will be favored in a basketball game for only the 2nd time since November 29. In the opener, Popovic (19 points) dominated Sarr (4 points). Sarr has improved significantly since the first matchup and SHOULD (assuming a reasonable gameplan) dominate BC's weak inside game. As bad as WF is, BC is worse. That said, WF doesn't blow out anyone; WF even struggled against NC A&T; Chaundee's status is uncertain; so, the game will likely be painful to watch and unnecessarily tight. This is my best guess: WF will jump out to an early large lead; the Deacs will find maddeningly idiotic ways to fritter it away; the game will be tied late, and WF will win on a hero-ball drive to the basket on a bail-out call. WF will win, but no one will feel good about it.

Last edited:
...This is my best guess: WF will jump out to an early large lead; the Deacs will find maddeningly idiotic ways to fritter it away; the game will be tied late, and WF will win on a hero-ball drive to the basket on a bail-out call. WF will win, but no one will feel good about it.

And then Danny Manning will say he "isn't going to apologize for winning."

Appreciate that Conor is willing to criticize Manning.

I predict the reported attendance will be 4,500.

Actual will be around 800. It probably wouldn't take but a few minutes to count the heads in the joel Sunday night.

This should not be a reason to give Manning a break. He and his staff suck and need to be gone.

Chaundee should transfer. I would not blame him.

If it comes off that I'm giving the staff a break, that's not intended. Just saying they can't beat an ACC team without him, and the litmus test comes against the worst team in the league (per KenPom).

Ready for the battle between the two lowest rated teams in the conference? Say yes. Please.

It's #168 (BC) v. #112 (WF). Feels more like an America East conference game than an ACC game; even so, here we go with any updated take on the Eagles:

This season: BC sits at 9-8 (3-3). They are 2-3 in road games. Top 100 wins: #63 @ND by 1 and #42 UVA by 7. When BC loses, they usually lose big: #85 Belmont by 15, #87 St. Louis by 12, #77 Richmond by 20, #118 Northwestern by 18, #2 Duke by 39, #85 GT by 19, #53 Cuse by 16. Setting the tone for another sad WF basketball season, the Deacs lost the opener to BC back on November 6 (to give an idea about how long ago that was, when WF lost at BC in hoop, the football Deacs were 7-1 and ranked, there was seemingly legit Orange Bowl talk and Jamie Newman was enrolled in classes at Mother So Dear and beloved by all on this board. How quickly times change!). In the loss at Chestnut Hill, WF trailed from 6 minutes into the game on and was thoroughly outplayed. Chill led WF with 24 (yes, scoring big late), and Isiah Mucius had a season high 18 (fwiw, since that game, Mucius has shot 21% from 3 and 38% from 2; collectively 34% from the field in the last 15 games - I challenge anyone to find another college player 6-8 or taller that has taken at least a 100 shots and shot worse than 34% from the field). For BC, Derryck Thornton (24 points) and Nik Popovoc (19 points) led BC. Popovic has been out since December 3 with back issues. Without Popovic, BC has no consistent inside presence.

The lineup: in it's last game (the big loss to Cuse), BC started: 6-3 Derryck Thornton (his first game in 2020 as he had been out with an injury), 6-3 Jay Heath, 6-7 CJ Felder, 6-8 Steffon Mitchell and 6-8 Jarius Hamilton. Off the bench, BC primarily plays 6-4 Jared Hamilton (Jarius' older brother) and 6-5 Julian Rishwan. Thornton is BC's leading scorer, but he has been inconsistent shooting 23% from 3 and less than 40% from the field. Frosh Jay Heath is BC's best outside threat hitting 37% from deep (he was 0-5 against Cuse). BC has been atrocious offensively in ACC games shooting 27% from 3, 46% from 2 and 57% from the line. Defensively, BC has been able to force TOs in ACC play (21% TO rate -- #4 in the ACC), but has otherwise been soft on defense in conference games giving up offensive boards (opponents rebound 31% of their missed shots) and easy scores inside (opponents shoot 50% on 2 point shots).

The bottom line: KP projects an 8 point WF win -- 74-66. Check out this stat: on Sunday, WF will be favored in a basketball game for only the 2nd time since November 29. In the opener, Popovic (19 points) dominated Sarr (4 points). Sarr has improved significantly since the first matchup and SHOULD (assuming a reasonable gameplan) dominate BC's weak inside game. As bad as WF is, BC is worse. That said, WF doesn't blow out anyone; WF even struggled against NC A&T; Chaundee's status is uncertain; so, the game will likely be painful to watch and unnecessarily tight. This is my best guess: WF will jump out to an early large lead; the Deacs will find maddeningly idiotic ways to fritter it away; the game will be tied late, and WF will win on a hero-ball drive to the basket on a bail-out call. WF will win, but no one will feel good about it.

As compared to game plan for VT's non-existent inside game.

Props to the ACC schedulemakers for hiding us behind the NFL playoffs and Dem debates the last 3 games.

I predict the reported attendance will be 4,500.

Actual will be around 800. It probably wouldn't take but a few minutes to count the heads in the joel Sunday night.

Bring a book if you are working the walk up ticket purchase window.

I wonder what you could scalp a ticket for tonight

How many games have we taken an early lead of late? We seem to like giving up big leads before waking up and realizing the game has started.

My daughter likes the band and the cheerleaders. I’m already dead inside. I may drive down.

Back