• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson Tigers @ LJVM - 8 pm - Saturday

I liked it when Dinger said “Oh now you call a timeout” after Manning waited way too long to call one when Clemson made their 2nd half run.

Torry Johnson is my least favorite player in any sport ever. Dude is a solid 4 years older than most players and is absolutely incompetent. Should not play another minute this season.

I am just appalled by the amount of playing time he gets, especially given Sharone Wright is sitting on the bench 39 minutes in every game expect Duke, where he was the leading scorer. It makes absolutely no sense. Not only is Danny going to be fired, half of our team will transfer when he is let go.

In control of the game. Danny takes Sarr out with 3 not 4 fouls when he was hot as a match. Keeps him on the bench while we give the game away. Then stands there while we watch Clemson go 1 for 10 from the FT line and jack up stupid 3 point shots instead of getting the ball to Sarr like we had done I getting a 10 point lead. Johnson jacking 3s , Mucious jacking 3s what the heck is he coaching. Has the ball only down 4, 3 straight possessions and just jacked stupid 3s. We just needed a basket dammit!
No fundamentals at all with this team. They were totally lost for 5 minutes with no direction. Just a shame. A damn shame!

I am just appalled by the amount of playing time he gets, especially given Sharone Wright is sitting on the bench 39 minutes in every game expect Duke, where he was the leading scorer. It makes absolutely no sense. Not only is Danny going to be fired, half of our team will transfer when he is let go.

If half the team transfers it won’t really hurt. We don’t have any ACC players anyways. It may be a good thing for the next coach.

I thought I saw a stat over the weekend that the road record in conf is 29-22 this year, so somebody doesn't stink on the road.

Guarantee that Trapp hits at least two 3's on us. Seems like I constantly hear, he was 1-15 before that 3.

I don't think we are going to win or be close but if we really want to try, I'd say:

- Make Clemson hit 3's - pack the zone under the basket and make them shoot 40% from 3.
- The stink at FT's, make it ugly and send the Tiger to line, make them make FT's
- Doesn't look like any of the Tiger bigs play much. We've had two game to practice getting the ball to Sarr, he needs 25 points
- We need good Childress to show up. Seems like he's due for one of those can't miss games, if he dishes and scores that would help.
- And I toss in us valuing the ball and only having 10 to's

Zone- check, 3ptrs check
FT's - check
Sarr - was on track for 25 until DM took him out with 3 fouls for an extended period, never scored again.
Childress 4-11 and 2-7, 6 asst 3 to's
Turnovers - 9

X-factor - We decide to keep chucking 3's and go 3-16 in the 2nd half and Sarr goes 3 of 6.

odom was fired after going 19-11
gaudio was fired after going 20-11

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH fuck me

Manning was probably too busy watching the Kansas versus Kansas State brawl on his phone.

And thus just forgot to put Sarr back in.

If half the team transfers it won’t really hurt. We don’t have any ACC players anyways. It may be a good thing for the next coach.

I disagree. A competent coach could have this team above .500 in the ACC.

Remember when Collins would have 3 fouls and Manning would sit him for pretty much an entire half?

Yeah. Sequels aren’t ever good.

Yep. Manning has many flaws, and they are compounded by the fact that he doesn’t learn from his mistakes.

I disagree. A competent coach could have this team above .500 in the ACC.

You’re probably right. The ACC is horrible so a decent coach would be able to finish at least middle of the pack. But is anyone really going to be upset if Mike Wynn or Sharone Wright Jr transfers?

For someone who was paying closer attention, how did the team and Sarr do after he went out with 3 fouls?

Sarr had 16 points when he went out. He finished with 16 points. He missed two FT's after coming back in. Tried a 3. Team decided that despite being ice cold from 3, we were going to live and die with that.

Clemson was missing FT's down the stretch but down 4 we still went for the 3.

Has to be one of the stupidest losses of the DM era.

We looked really good (good relative to our ordinary play) in the first half. But our 2nd half was pitiful. We could not adjust to Clemson's adjustments. For some reason we stopped going inside and allowed Clemson to sucker us into allowing the wrong players to take 3 point shots and we stopped hitting the boards. It was predictable, still disappointing.

Back