• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson Tigers @ LJVM - 8 pm - Saturday

yeah well i know "he left" for south carolina. but manning got an extension

He was offered an extension early in the season when we were in the top 10 but rolled the dice. Limped into the NCAA's, embarrassed by Md in the ACCT and then humiliated by Butler in the NCAAT.

Danny told Stan we didn’t get to the free throw line enough.

He was offered an extension early in the season when we were in the top 10 but rolled the dice. Limped into the NCAA's, embarrassed by Md in the ACCT and then humiliated by Butler in the NCAAT.

i didn't know there were still odom haters. especially after the last decade.

You're the coach. If you want touches in the paint, you put players on the court who will do what you want them to do. That is what coaching is about. How can you complain that certain things did not happen when you have the authority to make sure they do happen, especially game after game.

KP Report - Clemson Tigers @ Littlejohn - 8 pm - ACCN

If half the team transfers it won’t really hurt. We don’t have any ACC players anyways. It may be a good thing for the next coach.

Yes it will. When we hire a new coach, he’ll have to look for a bunch of grad transfers to fill in. Fans will be disappointed with the poor results in the newcomer’s first year, and he will go into the next season with a bunch of skeptical fans. All of the players we have right now I would like to keep with the exception, maybe, of Mike Wynn. He’s proven he hasn’t been a very good person off the court, and he hasn’t been much of anything on the court. Losing him wouldn’t be a huge loss. Everyone else has potential to be a solid player in the ACC with a good coach.

What worries me is that the ACC is so bad this season, it’s possible that WFU can win 4-6 of their remaining 12 games. That would put the record around 14-16 or 13-17 or even 15-15. That could give Currie enough “cover” to sell another season of Manning in order to help bring down his buyout amount.

Danny told Stan we didn’t get to the free throw line enough.

If I have the numbers right. We were 8-13 from 2 and 3-16 from 3 in the second half. Sarr was 3-5 from 2 and 0-1 from 3 in the 2nd. The rest of the team was 5-8 from two and 3-15 from 3.

Danny, the rest of the team took 65% of their shots from 3, when was Clemson supposed to foul us (as it was they did foul Childress on a 3)?

i didn't know there were still odom haters. especially after the last decade.

Those were facts, not sure what the problem is.

Our problem was not firing coaches it's who was hired the last two tries. If you randomly selected coaches the last two times I don't think you could have come up with two this bad.

The reason Sarr didn’t get the ball in the second half is not just coaching. Sarr has improved this year , but he has very poor hands, is not that agile, and doesn’t have the strength to get position. Combine that with guards who are poor passers, and the end result is Sarr is not open, and three’s are jacked up.

The reason Sarr didn’t get the ball in the second half is not just coaching. Sarr has improved this year , but he has very poor hands, is not that agile, and doesn’t have the strength to get position. Combine that with guards who are poor passers, and the end result is Sarr is not open, and three’s are jacked up.

Ideally Sarr takes shots, but I don't think everyone else taking 15 3's and 8 2's is a good recipe when you just need a couple of baskets of any type.

The main reason Sarr didn't get more second half touches is because he was on the bench for so long with 3 fouls - thanks to our knucklehead coach who doesn't have the common sense to realize that it doesn't matter if your best player is on the floor at the end of the game, if you let the game get away from you with that player on the bench long before that.

We had no scheme to get Sarr the ball. No high- low from Ody or Massoud to Sarr, and in particular didn’t see clearing out the right side for chill or white or Massoud on the wing to throw a bounce pass to Sarr in the right low block. If the man guarding the wing passer doubles down, Sarr kicks it back out for an open 3. If there is no double, Sarr takes it to the hole.

The crap returned.

Manning forgot that keeping Sarr in the rotation despite 3 fouls is important. It keeps him active, confident and productive. Zero points and four rebounds after he returned. He sat for 6:34.

Nevertheless, the Deacs still led 56-53 at 8:32. The offense after that. TO. Missed FT. Missed FT. Missed 2. Missed 3. Clemson takes the lead they would not relinquish at 5:46. Missed 3. Missed 3. Made FT. Made FT. Made FT. Made 2. Missed 3. Missed 3. Missed 3. TO. Made 3. Missed 3. Made FT. Missed FT. Made 3. The summary... 1-2 from two, 4-7 on free throws. 2-9 from 3.

White and Sarr played well. Oguama rebounded well. Everybody else...not good.

The defense was a disorganized mess down the stretch.

Everyone on the team not named Brandon Childress combined for zero assists. That's kind of amazing.

Jesus, that exchange with Conor was mind-numbing.

Conor: Olivier picked up his 3rd with 14:51 left and went to the bench for about 6 and a half minutes. You feel he lost some of his rhythm there?

Manning: Um, I mean, he had a double-double.

Conor: I don't think he scored after going out.

Manning: I would like to see him shoot a few more FTs. You know, um, I'll have to go back and look at the tape and see what they did...blah blah blah

LOL

HUH??? Sarr's hands aren't strong, but he catches the ball well and is very agile for a guy his size.

Back