• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson Tigers @ LJVM - 8 pm - Saturday

"Coach Manning, do you think you could have done anything different from a coaching perspective that might have changed the outcome of the game?"

"Well, I would have like to have gotten to the free throw line a few times. We need the players, myself, the rest of the coaching staff - we all need to get to the line and knock down free throws more than we did tonight."

So. Danny Manning has never beaten a Clemson University team in six years.
*IN BASKETBALL*

That single fucking fact should be all that's needed to fire this out of his depth fool.

Hard to watch the Mucius soph slump as it turns into a free fall. Contributing nothing right now.

Manning's post game comments are so infuriating. I have seen HoF coaches take more accountability for questionable coaching decisions.

So. Danny Manning has never beaten a Clemson University team in six years.
*IN BASKETBALL*

That single fucking fact should be all that's needed to fire this out of his depth fool.

We are 1-12 vs Clemson in our last 13 games in basketball and football.

Odom was let go by not renewing his contract.

Manning is an arrogant and awful coach. Bad combo.

Answers like manning gave post game are (line item 322) grounds for immediate dismissal regardless of the dollar figure. Mostly though he should be reassigned to janitorial duties as punishment. You are the highest paid custodian in history. Show up. Shut up. Cash the check. Or quit so we don't need to pay you for your incompetence. (No idea what his contract actually say. Pretty sure wake can't do that but they should try.)

Manning's post game comments are so infuriating. I have seen HoF coaches take more accountability for questionable coaching decisions.
Contrast Manning's & Roy's comments re: losing to Clemson - one says a bunch of dumb generic basketball platitudes while not really saying anything at all, the other says the loss is on him and the way he coached he kinda deserves to be fired.

Jesus, that exchange with Conor was mind-numbing.

Conor: Olivier picked up his 3rd with 14:51 left and went to the bench for about 6 and a half minutes. You feel he lost some of his rhythm there?

Manning: Um, I mean, he had a double-double.

Conor: I don't think he scored after going out.

Manning: I would like to see him shoot a few more FTs. You know, um, I'll have to go back and look at the tape and see what they did...blah blah blah

LOL

Can he be fired for cause?

Hard to watch the Mucius soph slump as it turns into a free fall. Contributing nothing right now.

Actually I thought he was playing better this season until that strange injury in pregame warmups. He was a negative last night. Sad because he has a great deal of athleticism. however he is not being effectively trained to use that athleticism in playing good sound basketball. One clear evidence is that he makes really poor decisions on the court.

Manning's teams always lack consistency (huge understatement). The first half was a pretty solid game plan.

We all agree that Sarr sat out far too long. The final two minutes were a regression into pick up basketball offense. We had one of our worst shooters (Johnson) take two horrible threes while we were down by four. Clemson kept inconceivably bricking free throws, almost handing Wake a comeback opportunity. White should've been the shooter in those situations. Actually, anyone besides Johnson and Mucius should be the shooter in any situation.

I'll be glad when Chaundee comes back.

Conor: Olivier picked up his 3rd with 14:51 left and went to the bench for about 6 and a half minutes. You feel he lost some of his rhythm there?

Manning: I would like to see him shoot a few more FTs. You know, um, I'll have to go back and look at the tape and see what they did...blah blah blah

LOL

Oh boy. I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but I'm starting to think that Manning is actually a robot, and the programming is just not there (or we didn't pay for it) for him to be able to "think" during games. He can do some pre-game stuff, and then after the game he has canned lines that are based on the box score. IF the WF score is less than X, then "we need to get more paint touches and get to the FT line more." If opponent score is greater than X, then "we need to a better job of guarding the scouting report." During the game, it is just a bunch of pre-programmed stuff. Substitute this guy at this time and this guy at that time, no matter the flow of the game or how anyone is playing. If someone gets a 2nd foul in the first half they are out for the rest of the half, and if someone gets a 3rd foul in the second half, they are out until the 5 minute mark. Maybe in 5 years or so, when AI technology is more advanced, a robot coach will be able to make "smart" decisions during the game that are based on what is actually happening during the game. I predict this gets proven at some point during the year when we score every single point from the FT line, lose the game, and then when Connor/Les ask what else we needed to do he still replies "we need to get more paint touches and get to the FT line." Then when they reply that we scored every single point from the FT line, Manning will just start spinning around with sparks coming out of his ears.

Manning's teams always lack consistency (huge understatement). The first half was a pretty solid game plan.

We all agree that Sarr sat out far too long. The final two minutes were a regression into pick up basketball offense. We had one of our worst shooters (Johnson) take two horrible threes while we were down by four. Clemson kept inconceivably bricking free throws, almost handing Wake a comeback opportunity. White should've been the shooter in those situations. Actually, anyone besides Johnson and Mucius should be the shooter in any situation.

I'll be glad when Chaundee comes back.

Are we certain that he's coming back?

LOL

this is how you lose a million in a row to Clemson basketball

I mean, you have to try to be this bad

The fact Torry Johnson is playing this many minutes in a coach's sixth season speaks loud and clear to Manning's ineptitude as a head basketball coach.

Torry Johnson played 35 minutes. 2 for 8 from the field (0 for 5 from 3). No assists. 2 rebounds. He better have played the greatest defense in the world to justify his minutes in light of that offensive performance.

Torry Johnson played 35 minutes. 2 for 8 from the field (0 for 5 from 3). No assists. 2 rebounds. He better have played the greatest defense in the world to justify his minutes in light of that offensive performance.

I think that he is our best free throw shooter. So if your offense is focused on getting to the line, you want your best foul shooter in the game. I suppose that is the rationale. I don't think I have ever known a team to follow that philosophy for an entire game...only at the end when you may need your best foul shooter to have the ball in his hands.

If Brown returns I hope that we see more of White and Neath and Wright and Massoud and less of Johnson.

Think he also committed the foul away from the shot that led to the Clemson 6 pt play. Foul away from the ball during made three. Clemson ball. Second made three.

Any turnovers?

No TOs. So, he's got that going for him, which is nice.

so-ive-got-that-goin-for-me-whichis-nice-26007944.png

Back