• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Clemson Tigers @ LJVM - 8 pm - Saturday

Are we certain that he's coming back?

I have this fear too. I was at the game last night and he went through shootaround before the game and at halftime like everything was fine. I know that’s not the same as game action, but if he’s that hurt with a lower body injury I don’t even want him doing that. Hell, Mucius was healthy and hurt himself doing that last weekend.

Everyone on the team not named Brandon Childress combined for zero assists. That's kind of amazing.

A reflection, in part, of poor shooting and shot selection but that stat jumped out at me as well. Compare that to a recent VT win (against 'Cuse IIRC) where the Hokies had 21 makes with 20 assists. Coaching matters.

Torry Johnson played 35 minutes. 2 for 8 from the field (0 for 5 from 3). No assists. 2 rebounds. He better have played the greatest defense in the world to justify his minutes in light of that offensive performance.

in the voice of Donald Leroy LaFontaine:

he did not play the greatest defense in the world

I was unable to watch but was concerned at half time.

Very happy to see that Manning made his same horrible mistakes that cost us the game.

This would have been a really bad game to win if we want the giant moron to ever leave.

Manning just has no coaching ability. There are no plays called in crunch time. We shot 3's quickly several times even when up 8-10 points. WHY??? Childress did that twice in the second half with 20+ seconds left on the shot clock and he wasn't even open. In the last 3 minutes look who took our shots (all 3's): Johnson (2) and Muscious (1). Is that who should shoot when the game is on the line? Coaching is getting the ball in the hands of the player(s) most capable of making the play. IN the last 2 1/2 minutes we looked lost ending up with desperation shots. Lead virtually the entire game then give it away in the last 3 minutes. If that's not LOWF I don't know what is. Up 10 late in first half and a stupid turnover leads to a dunk then a dumb foul leads to another two points and what could have been a comfortable lead evaporates in the last minute to 6. The we make Tyson Hunter into Lebron last nite having his career game by far against us. Execution is not there. That's on Manning. Very winnable game without our best player. Should have won it but gave it away.

Manning just has no coaching ability.There are no plays called in crunch time. We shot 3's quickly several times even when up 8-10 points. WHY??? Childress did that twice in the second half with 20+ seconds left on the shot clock and he wasn't even open. In the last 3 minutes look who took our shots (all 3's): Johnson (2) and Muscious (1). Is that who should shoot when the game is on the line? Coaching is getting the ball in the hands of the player(s) most capable of making the play. IN the last 2 1/2 minutes we looked lost ending up with desperation shots. Lead virtually the entire game then give it away in the last 3 minutes. If that's not LOWF I don't know what is. Up 10 late in first half and a stupid turnover leads to a dunk then a dumb foul leads to another two points and what could have been a comfortable lead evaporates in the last minute to 6. The we make Tyson Hunter into Lebron last nite having his career game by far against us. Execution is not there. That's on Manning. Very winnable game without our best player. Should have won it but gave it away.

Sadly, we knew that 6 seasons ago. :(

Every season is deja vu all over again with the head scratching substitutions and losses.

Think he also committed the foul away from the shot that led to the Clemson 6 pt play. Foul away from the ball during made three. Clemson ball. Second made three.

Actually that was Sarr's 3rd which put him on the bench and took him out of the rest of the game. Officially it was a 5 point trip as one of the 3's was called a 2 and after review they couldn't tell if he was on the line or not.

Actually that was Sarr's 3rd which put him on the bench and took him out of the rest of the game. Officially it was a 5 point trip as one of the 3's was called a 2 and after review they couldn't tell if he was on the line or not.

That was a really strange foul call.Two players tangled up, trying to get position for a potential rebound. Looked like Sarr spun toward the basket as the shot went up and "pulled the chair" from under Simms, who was trying to back him down.

And yeah, you're right. They did call the one shot the longest two possible.

Deacs play Clemson AGAIN Saturday Night at LJVM.

Clemson hasn't changed much since WF played them 10 days ago in Littlejohn (in addition to beating WF for the SEVENTH STRAIGHT TIME 71-68, they Tigers lost 80-62 @ #10 L'ville, and beat #52 Cuse 71-70 at home).

Here is the revised rundown on Clemson:

The season: Clemson is among a large group of "meh" ACC teams as they are 11-9 (5-5). Even so, Clemson finally knocked the monkey off their back with an OT win at Chapel Hill on January 11, ending a 59 game streak of road futility against UNC -- the longest such streak between any two conference teams in NCAA history. Besides that win (which in retrospect, wasn't very impressive since UNC has yet to win in 2020, and none of its other losses were as close as the Clemson/UNC game, including the ordinary Pitt Panthers sweeping two from UNC), Clemson has top 100 wins over #66 TCU in OT, #46 NC State (without CJ Bryce), #51 Cuse and #2 Duke. Clemson is 1-4 on the road with losses to #37 Minnesota, #21 FSU, #56 NC State and #10 L'vlle; their lone road win was the streakbreaker in OT over UNC. Collectively Clemson is 5-8 against top 100 teams (WF is #108).

The series: Perhaps, the best example of how hard and far WF hoop has fallen is Wake Forest's current streak of ineptitude against Clemson. WF first played Clemson in basketball in 1926. Up through 2010 (the last year before [] took over), WF had an all-time record of 98-51 against Clemson; simply stated, WF dominated Clemson in basketball. Over the last 10 seasons of WF Basketball, WF has beaten Clemson once -- 62-57 at the Joel on February 25, 2014 (Tyler Cavanaugh and Devin Thomas led WF with 12 each), and WF has lost 11 times of that span. WF is winless at home against the Tigers since 2014, and Brad Brownell (who is "awright") is 12-1 against WF; including 7-0 against Danny Manning. Last game, WF led for the most of the game, but collapsed late to lose 71-68. Andrien White paced WF with 22 points, while the unheralded Hunter Tyson, had a career night with 21 for Clemson (no other Tiger scored in double figures. Clemson was an abysmal 7-18 at the line.

The lineup: Against WF last time out, Clemson started 6-4 Curran Scott (Charlotte and Tulsa transfer) , 6-4 Clyde Trapp, 6-5 John Newman (former WF recruiting target; has played well recently averaging 12 ppg over the last 4), 6-8 Hunter Tyson, 6-8 Aamir Sims (leading scorer; best 3 point shooter 38%). Off the bench, Clemson rotated in 6-5 Tevin Mack (Texas and Alabama transfer; had 22 in the win over Duke), 6-2 Al-Amir Dawes and 6-3 Chase Hunter (yes, Clemson has both Hunter Tyson and Chase Hunter) Clemson is a poor shooting team in conference play as they hit 32% of their 3 point shots (#10 among ACC teams), and only 62% from the line (#14 in the conference); Clemson has been effective inside shooting 53% on 2s (#2 in the ACC) in conference games. On defense, Clemson has had trouble defending the paint as they are DFL in the ACC in 2 PT FG% (53%). Clemson plays at a slow tempo averaging 67 possessions a game.

The prediction: KP has our Deacs winning 70-69. Think WF takes this game. Clemson blows on the road; both teams have played a lot of close games, and WF is by far the superior FT shooting team. Also, I have a hunch Chaundee returns tomorrow night.

Last edited:
If we get paint touches, get to the FT line, and guard the scouting report, DM won't be apologizing.

After winning beaucoup bucks on the ND blowout (ok, so they covered by like a point... a win is a win), I'm staying away here.

I think we'll win this one, too... But I can't take Wake Forest very often ATS (in spite of my handle).

One of the few Ws left on the schedule... Which is extremely depressing given it is a pretty easy schedule.

Sadly, we knew that 6 seasons ago. :(

Every season is deja vu all over again with the head scratching substitutions and losses.

Which begs the questions what in the hell are the assistant coaches doing? If they think this awful coaching is fine, they should probably hang it up as well. How can these dudes just sit there with their mouths shut and collect a paycheck? Oh, wait that is what Manning is doing.
It almost feels like Manning is sabotaging the season because you know - YOLO, WTH, WTF.

6 years of the worst coaching I have ever seen, with zero improvement. You have to work really, really hard at staying awful over a period as long as that one. You are bound to learn something from someone at some point to improve.

Newman follows the re-named Rice-Laszewski Model and has a career night in a Clempson win.

This could be Danny's last chance to beat Clemson. Going 0'fer against the Tigers in 6 seasons should be enough to call him the worst coach of all-time.

Which begs the questions what in the hell are the assistant coaches doing? If they think this awful coaching is fine, they should probably hang it up as well. How can these dudes just sit there with their mouths shut and collect a paycheck? Oh, wait that is what Manning is doing.
It almost feels like Manning is sabotaging the season because you know - YOLO, WTH, WTF.

6 years of the worst coaching I have ever seen, with zero improvement. You have to work really, really hard at staying awful over a period as long as that one. You are bound to learn something from someone at some point to improve.

Our assistants are useless. What the hell does Woodberry do? Childress just looks angry. The DBO and Manning Jr. are clueless. I am amazed Walters came to WFU for only 1 season.

Clempsun wins. Better coach.

Back