• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Football schedule

ODU - W
App - W
Nova - W
ND - L
Duke - W
Miami - W
FSU - L
State - L
Syracuse - W
Louisville - L
Clemson - L
BC - W

I don’t understand how some could look at our schedule and see an O/U of 5.5 or 6. Expect 8, but wouldn’t surprise me if we dropped a game.

I hope at the end of the year, we are not bound for Shreveport.

I don’t understand how some could look at our schedule and see an O/U of 5.5 or 6. Expect 8, but wouldn’t surprise me if we dropped a game.

Why not? Don't be surprised to see Vegas handicap our season win total right at 5.5 or 6.

Really? I think we will be 5-5 going into the last two games.

ODU - W
App - W (toss-up; new inexperienced head coach for them early in the season)
Nova - W
ND - L (need a lot of points and forced TO's to win)
Duke - W (we are trending up and they are not)
Miami - W (not sold on Diaz, I know they got the QB from Houston, but that won't fix other issues)
FSU - L (L because its a road game and new coach, but if we improve our redzone performance we can beat them, speed and all)
State - W (hard to win 2 in a row there, but I expect we make strides from this past season)
Syracuse - W (revenge, motivation all that in our favor)
Louisville - L (toss-up, they might be fast, but they gave up 59 to us so we have the talent to score against them)
Clemson - L
BC - W (think they take a step back in first year with new coach)

Of course, if depth becomes an issue than the second half of the season could again be a disaster. It would help our season-long prospects if we can win big in the first few weeks.

Edited to add that I think our season success will come down to winning close games once again. We might be as talented as this year, but lose the close games and miss a bowl game. Best to avoid them and build a lead.

Last edited:
ODU - W
App - W
Nova - W
ND - L
Duke - W
Miami - W
FSU - L
State - W
Syracuse - W
Louisville - W
Clemson - L
BC - W

If we stay healthy we could win 9 games. Only two non-competitive games on the horizon. I think people forget just how inept Miami was last year. King or not, they go 6-6ish again next year and Diaz is fired.

I hope at the end of the year, we are not bound for Shreveport.

it'd be fitting that we go to Shreveport this year as my sister has lived there the past 7 years but will be moving away this summer. kind of like we went to the Eagle Bank Bowl a few weeks before I moved to DC and then the Military Bowl the year I moved away from there.

Will be very challenging to keep the bowl streak going next year.

ODU - W
App - L
Nova - W (it will be close)
ND - L
Duke - W
Miami - L
FSU - L
State - L
Syracuse - W (of course, it was a sure thing in 2019)
Louisville - L
Clemson - L
BC - W

Clawson should be fired if we lose to App at home in year 7. I can’t believe people are even predicting that honestly.

Why are so many people marking the NC State game as an L? Did we watch the same NC State team this season? It’s not like they have an answer at QB that I’ve heard about.

Why are so many people marking the NC State game as an L? Did we watch the same NC State team this season? It’s not like they have an answer at QB that I’ve heard about.

Basketball is rubbing off on them. There’s no way we win less than 7 this year unless Hartman gets hurt week 1.

Lol fair enough. Honestly my thing with State should probably extend to FSU also (we should win those games), although at least the glimmer of a new coach is there.

My prediction would be we lose to ND, Louisville, Clemson, and one of Miami/FSU/App. 8-4 season

Last edited:

Carter Finley is an underrated , intimidating place to play. State football fans are loud and loyal whether their team is any good or not. If this was a home game, likely an easy W like 2019.

Carter Finley is an underrated , intimidating place to play. State football fans are loud and loyal whether their team is any good or not. If this was a home game, likely an easy W like 2019.

Their stadium was half empty against Louisville. They had a few games like that last year.

Apps going to be a tough game this is mostly the same team that won at Chapel Hill and Columbia last year. Neither of those teams were great but winning on the road in in a power 5 environment is not easy.

Back