• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Football schedule

This is a lame complaint. Charlotte will be a blast and hopefully the Panthers are in town next day. It may well be our "bowl game" next year
In 1973 we played texas, oklahoma and penn state, if i remember correctly, and we lost 163 to 0. Now that is selling your soul for money! Maryland also took us to the woodshed.

This is a lame complaint. Charlotte will be a blast and hopefully the Panthers are in town next day. It may well be our "bowl game" next year
In 1973 we played texas, oklahoma and penn state, if i remember correctly, and we lost 163 to 0. Now that is selling your soul for money! Maryland also took us to the woodshed.

Lol, “our bowl game.”

Mark it down: an aerial shot of the stadium for this game will be used in our marketing materials for years to come: sold-out, hill packed, and everyone in black/gold.

As long as it shows a winning scoreboard, why the heck not?!

It’s an absolutely valid complaint. This isn’t 1973. This is also not a real neutral site game where we both get home games also or something. We literally gave up a home game for this and they will assuredly have more fans there than us. Also, no it’s not our bowl game next year.

Moving our game against ND to Charlotte really pisses me off....it is in fact a road game. Is there nothing LOWF won't do for money?

If it gives the AD $2-3M more to rebuild after a Manning buyout, sign me up. Should be a great atmosphere. Potential major TV night game. Awesome recruiting tool to overcome this Friday night shut.

As long as it shows a winning scoreboard, why the heck not?!

Hey dumbass, i would rather take on ND in front of 60k fans tjan go to shreveport, Detroit, etc. It will be a fun trip and i bet wake alums will attend in force. Should be 50:50 or so. The last 2 home games versus ND were nothing special.

Hey dumbass, i would rather take on ND in front of 60k fans tjan go to shreveport, Detroit, etc. It will be a fun trip and i bet wake alums will attend in force. Should be 50:50 or so. The last 2 home games versus ND were nothing special.

I think you are probably incorrect. Most WF fans don’t live close enough to go to normal home games in the fall. This is no different. We attend bowl games well because it is at a time of year where we can travel.

I also assume you were trying to reply to me but your boomer fingers were too big and electronics are too hard. I think you have anger problems if that statement got you so bent out of shape.

I also assume you were trying to reply to me but your boomer fingers were too big and electronics are too hard. I think you have anger problems if that statement got you so bent out of shape.

Thx for taking the heat, Dixie. I was wondering what in my comments would set off 77 that way.

I gotta say, my present thoughts are I'm not happy with the "home" ND game being in CLT.

F that.

Heck, we moved a "home" game vs. Clemson to Tokyo back in 1982. But it was probably a good move for several reasons:
$$ gurantee to move it from Groves
National t.v. exposure (back in '82, that was surely our only national game, and quite possibly only game on t.v. that year)
"Bowl" game appearance (the thing was called the Mirage Bowl)

And finally, we almost won the thing: 3-8 Wake lost to 9 win/top 10 Clemson by the score of 21-17. The only recollection I have of watching it on ESPN (I think it was tape delayed, b/c IIRC I already knew it was coming prior to the snap) was Tommy Gregg (later played for the Atlanta Braves) catching a touchdown pass of 80 yards or so.

Heck, we moved a "home" game vs. Clemson to Tokyo back in 1982. But it was probably a good move for several reasons:
$$ gurantee to move it from Groves
National t.v. exposure (back in '82, that was surely our only national game, and quite possibly only game on t.v. that year)
"Bowl" game appearance (the thing was called the Mirage Bowl)

And finally, we almost won the thing: 3-8 Wake lost to 9 win/top 10 Clemson by the score of 21-17. The only recollection I have of watching it on ESPN (I think it was tape delayed, b/c IIRC I already knew it was coming prior to the snap) was Tommy Gregg (later played for the Atlanta Braves) catching a touchdown pass of 80 yards or so.

Defending Natl Champ Clemson. Totally outplayed them, Thanksgiving weekend, Grambling Band at half. We flew over with both teams on same flight from ATL. That 747 was some heavy lift aircraft! Had Shakeys Canadian bacon Pizza for TGiving dinner, they actually used bologna and called it cb.

That game wasn't on live TV. I remember listening to it on the radio.

Back