• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest players at the Senior Bowl

netflixnchildres

Reaction score
Herron and Bassey have impressed so far.

Herron played some OG yesterday and did well.
Bassey has been locking up much taller receivers today in redzone practice, and he ran the fastest of everyone there, being clocked at 20.32MPH

Saturday 2:30 NFL Network. NFL Network has had reports from Mobile all week.

Justin Herron and Phil Haynes both going from 2015 starters on the Wake offensive line to NFL players would really be incredible. In 2015, Wake rushed for 105.7 yds/game for a 3.0 yds/carry. This includes rushing for 46 yards against Cuse, 33 against BC, 39 against Clemson, and 40 against Louisville, all 4 of which featured yds/carry under 2.0 yards. Between Wolford and Hinton in 2015, our QB was sacked 40 times (Wolford 23 Hinton 17), which accounted for 273 yards lost.

For reference, this year we rushed for 175.7 yards/game for 3.9 yards/carry. Our QBs were sacked 23 times this year (Jamie 22 times, Hartman 0 times, and Bowers 1 time) to lose 155 yards. Only games we rushed for less than 115 yards in this year were VT and Clemson with 63 and 64 yards.

All of that to say, if you had told me we had two future NFL Olinemen starting in 2015, I might have called you insane.

Justin Herron and Phil Haynes both going from 2015 starters on the Wake offensive line to NFL players would really be incredible. In 2015, Wake rushed for 105.7 yds/game for a 3.0 yds/carry. This includes rushing for 46 yards against Cuse, 33 against BC, 39 against Clemson, and 40 against Louisville, all 4 of which featured yds/carry under 2.0 yards. Between Wolford and Hinton in 2015, our QB was sacked 40 times (Wolford 23 Hinton 17), which accounted for 273 yards lost.

For reference, this year we rushed for 175.7 yards/game for 3.9 yards/carry. Our QBs were sacked 23 times this year (Jamie 22 times, Hartman 0 times, and Bowers 1 time) to lose 155 yards. Only games we rushed for less than 115 yards in this year were VT and Clemson with 63 and 64 yards.

All of that to say, if you had told me we had two future NFL Olinemen starting in 2015, I might have called you insane.

OL is a strength and technique dependent position. Both improve with age. There is a reason why freshman often don't start on the OL. Clawson has said that WF was forced to play OL before they were ready in 2015.

Herron and Bassey have impressed so far.

Herron played some OG yesterday and did well.
Bassey has been locking up much taller receivers today in redzone practice, and he ran the fastest of everyone there, being clocked at 20.32MPH

So, Scotty won't be there, run windsprints, and then dress out in street clothes?;)

As the week went on Essang didn't play so well:

I saw this too and it seems to be a tad misleading. I didn’t follow the Senior Bowl very much but it appears that he was being asked to play some positions and schemes in which he was very unfamiliar. Not shocking he wasn’t able to handle that in one week of prep although I could have read the article entirely wrong.

Back