• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Jersey Mike’s Jamaica Classic

jamesda3

Reaction score
Looks like we are in it next year. I see no one else
but Missouri St. and us listed on the official site so far.

Sounds like the tournament is like Jersey Mike's sandwiches...lots of bread and little meat.

The most recent Jamaica Classic had a final four of Utah State, North Texas, Md.-Baltimore County and Eastern Michigan. Sounds like a barn burner.

Sounds like the tournament is like Jersey Mike's sandwiches...lots of bread and little meat.

giphy.gif

guess they are desperate to get teams to sign up and as soon as one bit they announced it

guess they are desperate to get teams to sign up and as soon as one bit they announced it

Maybe they think pulling us will pull in bigger names. Who wouldn’t want to play in Jamaica?

Seems we are just trying to win a championship of any caliber. Sad thing is we have zero chance of winning this prestigious trophy.

Bet Danny would like to see a real tough field for the new coach to go up against.

Is it bad that I actually entertained the thought that this tournament might be Jamaica NY instead of the island? WF seemingly deserves a random NYC second rate tourney over a Caribbean vacation (except the players, good for them).

Seems we are just trying to win a championship of any caliber. Sad thing is we have zero chance of winning this prestigious trophy.

I think the William G. White YMCA has an annual shirts-and-skins tournament. I think that's more our speed if we want to win any championship.

The optimist in me says we’re getting an easy tourney to ease the new coach in. The realist says this is the best we can do with our name these days.

Is it bad that I actually entertained the thought that this tournament might be Jamaica NY instead of the island? WF seemingly deserves a random NYC second rate tourney over a Caribbean vacation (except the players, good for them).

It’s sponsored by Jersey Mike’s so that does make some sense.

I've murdered a few Jersey Mike's Chipotle Cheese Steaks in my time

Is Jersey Mike's the one whose owner is a dickbag trophy hunter or is that Jimmy John's?

Man, I wish Quiznos was still around. It's like "oh shit, Subway is toasting their subs now? Fuck it, let's throw in the towel."

I'm fairly sure Jimmy John's CEO is a big game hunter.

None of the chains match up to local hoagie shops.

I wonder if edibles are part of the goodie bags at the Jamaica tourney.

I'm fairly sure Jimmy John's CEO is a big game hunter.

None of the chains match up to local hoagie shops.

I wonder if edibles are part of the goodie bags at the Jamaica tourney.

Probably

Is this one of those dumb tourneys where the first round game is a home game against some #300KP level team and the team that is going to Jamaica goes no matter who wins?

If so, and if Manning is still coach, I hope we lose that first round game.

Back