• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report UVA - Sunday - Noon - ACCN

Oh Danny Boy
The Fans
The Fans are crying
Game after game
And year after year
The time is now for you to be going
It's time and you must go and we must stay

Last edited:
Seriously. That’s how the promotion is supposed to work.

Yeah. Complaining about the fowl shot promotion is the absolute epitome of dumb internet warrioring.

1. As you and others note, that’s exactly how the promotion is supposed work.
2. Of course people cheer for free chicken sandwiches. That’s how human nature works.
3. Other schools have picked up on this promotion and use it, in a variety of ways. VT does free bacon for two missed free throws. Guess what? It doesn’t matter what you are ranked, or who you are playing, it will always be the loudest point of any game. Because, again, human nature.

You must not have been around pre Bzzzzzzzzz and Danny. Our recruiting is at an all time low.

If you actually mean “descent” like you typed instead of “decent” then maybe that is a good adjective. He sure has helped run the program into the ground with his recruiting.

HAHA! 'Subliminable' typo. I didn't mean to say our recruiting has been good, I meant to say that Childress has played a role in recruiting the few good/decent players that agreed to came here in the last 6 years. Pretty hard to say that Collins, who Childress was the lead recruiter for (I think), was a bad get. It's the only slightly positive thing on his coaching resume; it's polishing a turd though. Childress is the one constant for over the tenure of the last two shitastic coaching staffs. I am almost ready to take his number down from the rafters, or at least hang an asterisk up there next to it.

Fire this dumb mother fucker and the ENTIRE coaching staff right now. Let the kids coach the rest of the season. Not even kidding.

Have you ever played sports? Yes coaches are a huge reason for player’s success, but a 3rd grader can see that his game isn’t working. He may not have the physical skills and he can’t control that. He can, however, control shot and pass selection and overall egomania.

The coaches are asking him to do that stuff. They've put the ball in Brandon's hands and "go win some games, son" with out teaching him anything since high school. That's thing with shitty coaches, they don't know how to coach.

Fire this dumb mother fucker and the ENTIRE coaching staff right now. Let the kids coach the rest of the season. Not even kidding.

I think it would be entirely acceptable if Ernie Nestor was named interim as of tonight and perhaps allowed to retain 1-2 assistants to run practices. There's absolutely no value in keeping Manning another day.

I only caught the OT, and kudos to the team for hanging in there given the depleted roster; but good grief there was some Keystone Cops moments in the last minute or so. Knocking the ball out of bounds on a missed FT with no UVa guys on the lane. Torry Johnson with the nifty spastic dribbling before falling down and turning the ball over. And finally not even getting the last shot of before the clock runs out. It's hard to do more than just laugh. Maybe sports marketing can just start billing Wake basketball as an awkward comedy.

With tweets like the following, WF should be the smartest, most well-taught team ever since they constantly have opportunities to learn.

With 2 end of game shot opportunities, Wake managed one forced 3 with pressure in the shooter's face (who was lucky the defender unnecessarily fouled) and failed to even get a shot off before the clock expired. In both situations, Wake needed to score, yet left 0 opportunity for a rebound put back given the 3-pt shooter was fouled with 1.2 sec and the the OT ended without the shot even getting off. Come the fuck on. You need to get a decent shot off earlier to at least give yourself not only 1 shot, but the potential for a put back shot. It's not like Wake got the ball with 4-5 seconds left rending the situations purely 1-shot opportunities. Just piss poor, especially coming out of TOs. Dino would've had us getting an easy backdoor layup by comparison (setting aside other holes in his coaching).

Oh Danny Boy
The Fans
The Fans are crying
Game after game
And year after year
The time is now for you to be going
It's time and you must go and we must stay

DFL as expected.

Currie? Currie?? Currie??!

Yeah. Complaining about the fowl shot promotion is the absolute epitome of dumb internet warrioring.

1. As you and others note, that’s exactly how the promotion is supposed work.
2. Of course people cheer for free chicken sandwiches. That’s how human nature works.
3. Other schools have picked up on this promotion and use it, in a variety of ways. VT does free bacon for two missed free throws. Guess what? It doesn’t matter what you are ranked, or who you are playing, it will always be the loudest point of any game. Because, again, human nature.

Yep. The marketing isn’t the problem. A team rarely in close games at home is the problem.

Like a lot of WF fans I'm sure, I didn't watch the game but tuned in to the radio broadcast off and on during the last few minutes. I had total certainty that we would lose, including when we were up two at 53-51 with less than a minute to go. I would have bet any amount of money on it. Other than that, I was and am totally devoid of emotion.

Manning with another bit of brilliant coaching results in no shot before the time expires. Deacs lose 65-63. Mucius with the best game of his career provides 16 points and 10 rebounds. White with 21 points and three free throws to extend the game to OT. Sarr with 11/10 and a team leading three assists.
Really some great effort by some good kids playing hard. Shame it was wasted by brain dead coaching.

Some what mind boggling

9-35 from 2 for 25%
8-19 from 3 for 42% (6-9 in first half, 1-9 in second half)
21-24 from FT for 87%

I believe Sarr had 1 point in the 2nd half and OT.

HAHA! 'Subliminable' typo. I didn't mean to say our recruiting has been good, I meant to say that Childress has played a role in recruiting the few good/decent players that agreed to came here in the last 6 years. Pretty hard to say that Collins, who Childress was the lead recruiter for (I think), was a bad get. It's the only slightly positive thing on his coaching resume; it's polishing a turd though. Childress is the one constant for over the tenure of the last two shitastic coaching staffs. I am almost ready to take his number down from the rafters, or at least hang an asterisk up there next to it.

It's like the AD is not content to ruin the present and future of Wake basketball, but must drag the past through the mud as well.

It doesn’t matter what you are ranked, or who you are playing, it will always be the loudest point of any game. Because, again, human nature.

Well that’s demonstrably not true. Maybe for Wake, who hasn’t had success in a decade, but for top teams playing other top teams, it’s certainly going to be louder during important moments.

With tweets like the following, WF should be the smartest, most well-taught team ever since they constantly have opportunities to learn.

Doesn't hold a candle to the dove men's care tweet.

All us fans have been trying to stomach this crap for a decade now.

Well that’s demonstrably not true. Maybe for Wake, who hasn’t had success in a decade, but for top teams playing other top teams, it’s certainly going to be louder during important moments.

You mean like the home crowd trying to impact 2 crucial free throws when visiting team is only up 1 with 3:14 to go. Got loud as hell as Diakete bricked both and the chicken was our pitiful consolation after the loss. Lots of things that have occurred in the Joel have embarrassed many of us but it isn't the chicken cheering.

Wrong. I’ll never understand what compels someone to write definitively about subjects with which they have no knowledge...

It is the loudest part of the game for any team that does it. The Utah Jazz are in third place in the league and it’s the loudest part of their games (check out the video from the other night when it was revoked because of a lane violation).

Here’s a good article on it from the Wall Street, which includes this quote, “During a recent Bulls-Bucks game at the United Center in Chicago, for example, the crowd got considerably louder (85 decibels, according to a noise-measuring application used by the Journal) when Milwaukee’s Khris Middleton stepped to the line in the fourth and missed his first free throw than they were for the Bulls’ wildly popular starting lineup introductions (70 to 74 decibels).”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...s-free-chicken-sandwiches-for-fans-1458170731

Back