• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report UVA - Sunday - Noon - ACCN

Wrong. I’ll never understand what compels someone to write definitively about subjects with which they have no knowledge...

It is the loudest part of the game for any team that does it. The Utah Jazz are in third place in the league and it’s the loudest part of their games (check out the video from the other night when it was revoked because of a lane violation).

Here’s a good article on it from the Wall Street, which includes this quote, “During a recent Bulls-Bucks game at the United Center in Chicago, for example, the crowd got considerably louder (85 decibels, according to a noise-measuring application used by the Journal) when Milwaukee’s Khris Middleton stepped to the line in the fourth and missed his first free throw than they were for the Bulls’ wildly popular starting lineup introductions (70 to 74 decibels).”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...s-free-chicken-sandwiches-for-fans-1458170731

Yes nothing says bigtime like 2 .500 NBA teams playing a meaningless game in December

You just have missed the Skip Prosser days - nothing was louder than overtime vs UNC. But it’s ok - the AD didn’t need stooges then, so it’s understandable you missed it.

Yes nothing says bigtime like 2 .500 NBA teams playing a meaningless game in December

You just have missed the Skip Prosser days - nothing was louder than overtime vs UNC. But it’s ok - the AD didn’t need stooges then, so it’s understandable you missed it.

Nice attempted deflection and made up scenarios. I had season tickets during the Prosser days. The fowl shot promotion would have been incredible back then.

Not that any more proof is needed (I already provided you decibel numbers!) but here is a top 25 team putting the hurt on a conference opponent and the loudest point of the game is during the meaningless free throws. https://www.secsports.com/video/18547613/auburn-misses-line-means-free-chick-fil-everyone

Let me help you out here, just write, “sorry, I was mistaken.”

Nice attempted deflection and made up scenarios. I had season tickets during the Prosser days. The fowl shot promotion would have been incredible back then.

Not that any more proof is needed (I already provided you decibel numbers!) but here is a top 25 team putting the hurt on a conference opponent and the loudest point of the game is during the meaningless free throws. https://www.secsports.com/video/18547613/auburn-misses-line-means-free-chick-fil-everyone

Let me help you out here, just write, “sorry, I was mistaken.”

2 .500 NBA teams and a #23 vs NR. Dynamite examples of 2 top teams playing each other.

2 .500 NBA teams and a #23 vs NR. Dynamite examples of 2 top teams playing each other.

No idea why I continue to respond...

They aren't two .500 NBA teams. The Jazz are 32-13 and in 3rd place in the NBA. Stop making stuff up.

I included the USC-Auburn game because USC was ranked and blew out Auburn, and the commentators specifically say it was loudest point of the game (and it came when one team was up 30). One can find as many examples as you would want on youtube - highly ranked teams, NBA teams, etc.

No idea why I continue to respond...

They aren't two .500 NBA teams. The Jazz are 32-13 and in 3rd place in the NBA. Stop making stuff up.

I included the USC-Auburn game because USC was ranked and blew out Auburn, and the commentators specifically say it was loudest point of the game (and it came when one team was up 30). One can find as many examples as you would want on youtube - highly ranked teams, NBA teams, etc.

Bulls and Bucks were .500 teams in 2016. Do you even read the links you post?

Last edited:
Bulls and Bucks were .500 teams in 2016. Do you even read the links you post?

You wrote it was a December game - it wasn't. If you were confused and were referring to the Bulls and Bucks, then it was in March and they were battling for a playoff spot.

If you want two top 25 college teams, here is #12 Purdue at #18 Maryland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBpUjgdV6PU

Top teams. LOL.

18f3a5c20c95b844cd77aea5a0dc978c.jpg

that's the loudest noise made by the crowd. every. single. game.

it's super, super embarrassing. but so wake.

I don’t disagree, but a lot of other college teams do this now, as well. And it has similar results... Loudest it gets during the game.

I don’t disagree, but a lot of other college teams do this now, as well. And it has similar results... Loudest it gets during the game.

95% (maybe? Idk how many vegetarians/chick fil a protestors go to sports games) of people understand and care about the implications of a free chicken sandwhich.

Even at the most high profile sports events, you aren’t getting above 80% that deeply care about the outcome of the game, and it’s probably usually lower than that in my opinion.

With tweets like the following, WF should be the smartest, most well-taught team ever since they constantly have opportunities to learn.

Did they practice right after the game or something?

Don't have facts get in the way of District's opinion. Wake fans have had little else to be loud about in close to 10 years of second halves but DDeacon feels the need to talk it down.
By the way, my sandwich with no pickle was fresh and tasty today.
I consider it like a defective product rebate.

Don't have facts get in the way of District's opinion. Wake fans have had little else to be loud about in close to 10 years of second halves but DDeacon feels the need to talk it down.
By the way, my sandwich with no pickle was fresh and tasty today.
I consider it like a defective product rebate.

Deac8x strikes again

I was commenting at the BC game. Why in the world would you sit at the top of an upstairs section unless you had some sort of anxiety issue?

Back