• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA end of game observations

Tory Johnson shouldn't be playing point under any circumstances at crunch time.

We never seemed to recognize they were trapping the ballhandler.

And why would you let one of the best half court defenses set up?

White traveled like two times before his heave ho and the refs missed it

Manning is so bad.

I'm not defending Manning but our top 2 assistant coaches very better-than-fair guards themselves. Somehow their experience is not being passed along or absorbed by our players.

I'm not defending Manning but our top 2 assistant coaches very better-than-fair guards themselves. Somehow their experience is not being passed along or absorbed by our players.

It seems far more likely that our coaches suck than that we consistently recruit kid after kid who can't be coached.

Tory Johnson shouldn't be playing point under any circumstances at crunch time.

He just shouldn’t be playing, full stop

At this point I’m ready to see the walk-on former Rice scholarship player.

The team played better without ball hog Childress. A look at what our next coach will have as a team.

But did we really? A whole 8 assists, 3 from Sarr. Wow. We shot around 22% from 2. The fact that we went 6-9 from 3 in the first half run covered up a pretty poor offensive performance.

I was amazed that we were in the game with 2 or our 3 best players on the bench and our one remaining "star" having a subpar game.

With Brandon on the bench coming down the stretch, it's not unreasonable that Johnson would have the ball seeing that he is our best free throw shooter. Not a great option, granted, but neither White nor Neath are good ball handlers especially under pressure.

The idea that we are better without Brandon is laughable.

I have a growing suspicion that Brown may not play again for WF.

I was amazed that we were in the game with 2 or our 3 best players on the bench and our one remaining "star" having a subpar game.

With Brandon on the bench coming down the stretch, it's not unreasonable that Johnson would have the ball seeing that he is our best free throw shooter. Not a great option, granted, but neither White nor Neath are good ball handlers especially under pressure.

Any specific reason for this suspicion? Because of injury or is he going to pull a Keyshawn Woods and just mentally check out? He seems pretty engaged on the bench.

Any specific reason for this suspicion? Because of injury or is he going to pull a Keyshawn Woods and just mentally check out? He seems pretty engaged on the bench.

I agree with this. Chaundee was totally into the game against UVA. Have no idea of the severity of his injury, but if he can play, seems like he will play.

Last edited:

You could be right since this the second IR stint with same do it? I do believe though that he has gone thru some warm-ups the last two games.

Brown is a good player and seems like a good guy and he deserves better than the shitshow wake can offer him. I hope that he does transfer to a school who takes basketball seriously.

Back