• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe Bryant, Daughter Gigi and 7 Others Dead in Helicopter Crash

Well, we're waiting... What was the second time?

Who cares? Isn’t this a thread about Kobe Bryant and a helicopter? guitardeac is shoehorning in a story here just like he shoehorns in names. Some sort of insecurity you’re seeking to mollify on these boards my man?

I also thought it would be a thread about Kobe and a helicopter, but then I read the thread and wondered the same thing you are. Which is why I figured it was ok to tell a story that came to mind.

I just mentioned that story because I will never forget that feeling that the end could be in a minute or so. I have been thinking a lot about it the last few days. That's all. Responses like yours are why I don't post much, but do enjoy looking at some of the threads over the years. . Wake people should be nicer to each other. Don't understand the constant need to challenge and make things personal. We all have something important to us in common.

carry on

I'm happy with the airplane story. Way better than a couple of the netflixandchildress posts.

Who cares? Isn’t this a thread about Kobe Bryant and a helicopter? guitardeac is shoehorning in a story here just like he shoehorns in names. Some sort of insecurity you’re seeking to mollify on these boards my man?

That escalated quickly. God forbid a thread on these here boards gets off topic.

Find it amazing the skill with which people can make a thread about themselves. And of course this isn’t anything close to the most egregious example. But you always know who the guilty parties will be. This is just one thread I thought might be worth keeping on topic.

Maybe when the thread is about the actual tragic loss of lives of parents and children, shifting attention to one’s own random piloting adventures from the 1970s is a way of coping with the shock of what you feel, and if so, have at it.

OK then. Regale away! Don't leave out any famous names.

I was coming to this thread to get info on the story and to reflect, as this whole experience makes me think about fathers and children. So to me, making this of all threads about oneself was too much, particularly when that is a regular habit of some posters. But that doesn't seem to be the consensus, and so be it. And I did get a bit testy in sharing my viewpoint, I'll own that!

Name the 3 NBA MVPs who are dead. Amazing there are only 3 - award started in 1955.

No cheating

Name the 3 NBA MVPs who are dead. Amazing there are only 3 - award started in 1955.

No cheating

that's an incredible stat

I think I have the other two dead ones but won't spoil the thread just yet

oh too late already spoiled

Kobe, Wilt, Moses

Moses Malone is dead? Damn. That bums me out. Loved Moses. He deserved an NBA-wide 2 second (his number) moment of silence if Kobe is getting 24.

Last edited:
Kobe is LEGENDARY player, but scoring 81 (including seven threes) against broken down Jalen Rose does NOT equal scoring 100.

Wilt had to run whole court. Kobe didn't.

It reminds me of interview Jerry "LOGO" West late in his career. He had just 44 points against Ernie "NO" Digregorio. When asked why he'd retire if he still score 44 against young guy LOGO replied t's time to start thinking about retiring when I can only score 44 on him."

Back