• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe Bryant, Daughter Gigi and 7 Others Dead in Helicopter Crash

Well, they do have a meaningless exhibition football game to promote.

And they may have different standards on how quickly to report someone’s death. Checking to make sure the family has been notified or something like that.

Trying to remember who was the last bigger star to die prematurely, not sure I've had one in my lifetime. I mean LA went in mourning for a month over Nipsey Hustle.

Trying to remember who was the last bigger star to die prematurely, not sure I've had one in my lifetime.

Being an avid golfer and fan, Payne Stewart sticks out to me. Of course, he was nowhere near as big a name as Kobe.

Kobe Bryant Dead in Helicopter Crash

complicated legacy, but just stunning, tragic news

41 years old

prayers up for his wife and kids

RIP

Well said.

David Stern. Now Kobe. Arguably two of the top five most influential figures in basketball over the last 20 years.

In a weird way, Lebron gave Kobe’s first eulogy last night.

Last edited:
Being an avid golfer and fan, Payne Stewart sticks out to me. Of course, he was nowhere near as big a name as Kobe.
Stewart was surreal, especially knowing that he and everyone on board were already dead and we all watched until the plane ran out of fuel.

Stewart was surreal, especially knowing that he and everyone on board were already dead and we all watched until the plane ran out of fuel.

Yeah, I remember a couple of Air Force fighters followed their plane for a good while helpless to do anything to help and with the thought they may have to shoot it down if it looked like it might threaten a populated area.

Unbelievable. Saw the most incredible individual performance years ago when the Lakers were in Charlotte. One of the all time best. Rest In Peace

Wow I am truly stunned. RIP. Can’t really think of a star this big dying so soon after their playing career ended.

You probably have to go back to Roberto Clemente a sports star of this magnitude.

Back