• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe Bryant, Daughter Gigi and 7 Others Dead in Helicopter Crash

Trying to remember who was the last bigger star to die prematurely, not sure I've had one in my lifetime. I mean LA went in mourning for a month over Nipsey Hustle.

Being an avid golfer and fan, Payne Stewart sticks out to me. Of course, he was nowhere near as big a name as Kobe.

Not sports related but Paul Walker and Heath Ledger come to mind. Neither was probably as well known as Kobe though.

Reports coming in that some of his daughters were on board, too. I am sick.

Wow I am truly stunned. RIP. Can’t really think of a star this big dying so soon after their playing career ended.

He’s about my age. He would have probably be out there handing out the Bill Russell trophy in 30-40 years. He’s was going to be an ambassador for the game for a long time.

Hated that dude for multiple reasons but man. This is devastating.

On the ABCNews cut in to the Pro Bowl, the guy implied the daughters were on board. Did anyone else hear that?

Trying to remember who was the last bigger star to die prematurely, not sure I've had one in my lifetime. I mean LA went in mourning for a month over Nipsey Hustle.

Jose Fernandez was a big deal. Roy Halladay was pretty similar to this.

Sounds like Rick Fox may have been on board? Unconfirmed though.

Saying the other 4 were his 4 daughters. Makes a terrible event even more tragic.

Apparently all 4 of his daughters were on board. If that's true, I cannot imagine what his wife is going through losing her entire family today.

That's beyond words sad.... God bless that poor woman. She will need it.

WOW..So sad!!

I was literally putting on my sneakers to get a cheesesteak at Kobe's favorite place.

Jose Fernandez was a big deal. Roy Halladay was pretty similar to this.

Jose was different in the sense that he was an active player, although Halladay is probably closest to have happened. This would be like if Derek Jeter or Peyton Manning died.

5 dead including Kobe and his 4 daughters. Did the pilot survive?

Really sad news. I'm glad his family wasn't on board.

I can't believe Magic Johnson out lived Kobe.

Jose was different in the sense that he was an active player, although Halladay is probably closest to have happened. This would be like if Derek Jeter or Peyton Manning died.

Reggie white, perhaps.

Jose was a big star for a baseball player, but the biggest baseball star is still only 5% as famous as Kobe Bryant. I can’t think of another athlete as massively famous worldwide as Kobe is to die so young.

The other active player that came to mind was Gaines Adams.

Back