• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe Bryant, Daughter Gigi and 7 Others Dead in Helicopter Crash

I was never a Kobe fan, but to take cheap shots at him now shows a lack of human decency.

Yeah. That’s where I’m at. I didn’t realize anybody actually liked Kobe.

Agree—it’s going to be nauseating hearing the media coverage of someone who should have done significant jail time, that likely would have ended his career years early. This is not a Payne Stewart type tragedy.

Damn, so many shitty people on this board. Racist tags, a guy who had positive impacts on society outside of basketball, family man who was just on TV being a good dad and praising his daughter who died in the crash with him, and these are the responses. If I was near any of you fucks right now I'd beat the shit out you.

Steve Fossett, John Denver, Roy Halladay, James Dean

Last edited:
Agree—it’s going to be nauseating hearing the media coverage of someone who should have done significant jail time, that likely would have ended his career years early. This is not a Payne Stewart type tragedy.

The problem is there was no evidence and that woman called 911 so often that the cops stopped taking her calls seriously.

I believe all of the Weinstein, Epstein, Cosby and Trump accusers, but this woman has no credibility.

It's totally predictable that Biff would look to attack in a classless way.

Damn, so many shitty people on this board. Racist tags, a guy who had positive impacts on society outside of basketball, family man who was just on TV being a good dad and praising his daughter who died in the crash with him, and these are the responses. If I was near any of you fucks right now I'd beat the shit out you.

No you wouldn't...they'd run away...

The problem is there was no evidence and that woman called 911 so often that the cops stopped taking her calls seriously.

I believe all of the Weinstein, Epstein, Cosby and Trump accusers, but this woman has no credibility.

It's totally predictable that Biff would look to attack in a classless way.

RJ, the bolded is absolutely wrong. Two nurses who were trained in sexual assault cases examined her and found multiple lacerations and bruises. They described the injuries as genital trauma inconsistent with consensual sex.

People have the right to have very different positions on Kobe. However, now is not the time to discuss this.

RJ, the bolded is absolutely wrong. Two nurses who were trained in sexual assault cases examined her and found multiple lacerations and bruises. They described the injuries as genital trauma inconsistent with consensual sex.

If that was the case, the DA would have charged him.

The last thing I am is a Kobe apologist. Did he fuck around? Almost definitely.

And then he bought his wife a $3 million ring to help make up.

White golfer vs black basketball player.

So about 20 seconds of terror

With a plane, there's at least shit you can try to do to recover. Fucking choppers man...it's just...fuck.

Your little girl in there with you while it's going down...just...man. RIP

And then he bought his wife a $3 million ring to help make up.

To be fair 3 mil for a "sorry for cheating a shit ton and now it really public" is probably par for the course for someone with that cash. Don't know if he did or did not in that case but as others said... its complicated l.

I'm a little f'd up about the news because I was connecting flights for work through Atlanta (f me) and found out during the delay-over. I saw the rumor about all his daughters being with him and could not hug my own (10 and son 7). Now I'm a few margarita's deep in effing Pensacola Florida. F this place.

With a plane, there's at least shit you can try to do to recover. Fucking choppers man...it's just...fuck.

Your little girl in there with you while it's going down...just...man. RIP

Yea this is what I kept thinking about as I chilled with my young daughter tonight. The powerlessness and terror at hand is horrific. Can’t imagine and have zero desire to ride in a chopper because I feel like this shit is more common than it should be. R.I.P. Kobe and others.

He was charged. The victim stopped cooperating and the case was dropped.

Please read this before responding: https://thinkprogress.org/the-legacy-of-the-kobe-bryant-rape-case-6a42f159be7b/

In no way do I defend Kobe's lawyer's disgraceful actions. She should have been disbarred.

I've posted dozens of times (or more) how women are mistreated over and over in assault, harassment and other cases. This case was different from the beginning. There can be rare exceptions.

There were also stories that she had a sexual partner in the previous day(s). She also made false claims against a former boyfriend. She even tried suicide twice that year.

The DA could have continued the case. Remember this was not just rape but false imprisonment and other charges. The penalties were up to life in prison (many people have be sent up for that time for those charges). The DA would face a lot of static for dropping this case if it was just about compelling the alleged victim to testify.

There are too many questions on this one for me. It's potentially horrible, but in this case I don't believe her.

This also not the time to be discussing this subject.

Back