• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe Bryant, Daughter Gigi and 7 Others Dead in Helicopter Crash

RJ or other SoCal folks, is this person well known?

From TMZ

“The Mayor of Costa Mesa, Katrina Foley, just confirmed the identity of one of the other victims in the helicopter crash ... girls basketball coach Christina Mauser, who's married to Tijuana Dogs singer Matt Mauser. Matt also confirmed the news himself.”

In no way do I defend Kobe's lawyer's disgraceful actions. She should have been disbarred.

I've posted dozens of times (or more) how women are mistreated over and over in assault, harassment and other cases. This case was different from the beginning. There can be rare exceptions.

There were also stories that she had a sexual partner in the previous day(s). She also made false claims against a former boyfriend. She even tried suicide twice that year.

The DA could have continued the case. Remember this was not just rape but false imprisonment and other charges. The penalties were up to life in prison (many people have be sent up for that time for those charges). The DA would face a lot of static for dropping this case if it was just about compelling the alleged victim to testify.

There are too many questions on this one for me. It's potentially horrible, but in this case I don't believe her.

This also not the time to be discussing this subject.

When’s the right time to discuss rape, RJ?

Kobe Bryant and Daughter Gigi Dead in Helicopter Crash

JFC Rj, just stop.

He and his 13 year old daughter just died in a helicopter crash and we have assholes in here talking about rape accusations from 17 years ago. Talk shit about Danny or Ron Wellman, but give Kobe a fucking break for today. Damn.

Damn, so many shitty people on this board. Racist tags, a guy who had positive impacts on society outside of basketball, family man who was just on TV being a good dad and praising his daughter who died in the crash with him, and these are the responses. If I was near any of you fucks right now I'd beat the shit out you.

(With the exception of racist tags,) you'd beat people up because they're critical of the hagiography being built up around Kobe?

RJ or other SoCal folks, is this person well known?

From TMZ

“The Mayor of Costa Mesa, Katrina Foley, just confirmed the identity of one of the other victims in the helicopter crash ... girls basketball coach Christina Mauser, who's married to Tijuana Dogs singer Matt Mauser. Matt also confirmed the news himself.”

Never heard of her. Costa Mesa is one the towns next to HB. It's a shame she died.

I wonder if John Altobelli is the son of former Os and Giants manager Joe Altobelli.

Such a tragedy. So sad. I'm a Spurs fan but I had a lot of respect for his game, especially the way he wanted the ball late and would come up clutch when he got it. I'm surprised no one has listed Michael Jackson as another one we lost prematurely.

(With the exception of racist tags,) you'd beat people up because they're critical of the hagiography being built up around Kobe?

On today, yes. You can debate his guilt or innocence, but not recognizing him as someone who did a lot for his sport, his community, and his family on a day where he and his 13 year old daughter just died is inhumane. So if you really feel like you want to get into that now please come see me at any Wake sporting event in the future so I can break your fucking face, arms, etc.

On today, yes. You can debate his guilt or innocence, but not recognizing him as someone who did a lot for his sport, his community, and his family on a day where he and his 13 year old daughter just died is inhumane. So if you really feel like you want to get into that now please come see me at any Wake sporting event in the future so I can break your fucking face, arms, etc.

Sounds like “nows not the right time to discuss gun control, while the bodies are still warm” to me

Tell me all the great things you all have done in society. How much you've donated to charities, how many people you've inspired, what great fathers you all have been.

FWIW, I don’t think anyone questions what he did for the sport. No one is diminishing anything about his daughter either. It’s tragic and I hope his family finds a way forward with peace.

Also thing it’s valid to question why winning in America covers up even the worst of sins in our society.

FWIW, I don’t think anyone questions what he did for the sport. No one is diminishing anything about his daughter either. It’s tragic and I hope his family finds a way forward with peace.

Also thing it’s valid to question why winning in America covers up even the worst of sins in our society.

Good post.

Back