• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown is a beast. I've watched a fair amount of Auburn football the last couple of years (have a nephew there). He's huge and extremely disruptive. Other than Tua and Burrow, the next 4 guys off the board should be defensive players - Young, Okudah, Simmons and Brown. If he's there at 7, take him and hope 1 of the 1st round OTs falls to the early 2nd.

I like being strong on the lines, and DT has shortest path to the QB. I'd like this pick. Thanks cville for the insight.

Everyone with questionable QB's are standing pat now. Doubt it ends that way. I hope Cam is healthy enough to play a year in the new offense. He throws a good deep ball, and I sense that is what LSU will be bringing to Carolina.

B/R says the Panthers are planing on moving forward with Cam at QB. Fingers crossed it isn’t posturing.

They would be stupid not to. Proven NFL QB talent doesn't grow on trees. You don't give up on one because of injuries, especially a former MVP who is under reasonable contract at the position. You have a much better chance of reclaiming Cam's known talent than you do successfully pulling off a Lose for Lawrence or Throw in the Towel for Howell campaign, getting the #1 pick, and having that pick pan out. Cam very well may never be the same, but you still can't at least not try to find out when it costs you basically nothing extra. Worst case is that he sucks and you lose anyway.

I like being strong on the lines, and DT has shortest path to the QB. I'd like this pick. Thanks cville for the insight.

Everyone with questionable QB's are standing pat now. Doubt it ends that way. I hope Cam is healthy enough to play a year in the new offense. He throws a good deep ball, and I sense that is what LSU will be bringing to Carolina.

I also want Cam back, but I'm not sure he's thrown a good deep ball to anyone since Ted Ginn. Hope his shoulder is back to full strength.

That's true. That modified release thing he had last year didn't look good.

If Cam is the guy, having a quality backup will be critical. Is Allen the guy? Grier certainly didn’t look ready.

it will be hard to pass on Jeudy. His route running gets rave reviews, and that is the most important thing in my book.

it will be hard to pass on Jeudy. His route running gets rave reviews, and that is the most important thing in my book.

Nah, have you see our OL and DL? Take BPA at those positions and run the pick to the podium

WR is the one position I'll be pissed if we take somebody in the first two days. We're not all that good, but CMC, DJ, and Samuel are good enough that we can get by. I'd rather see us take a big WR late or as a UFA if at all (Scotty Washington, what's up?) and get some decent veterans.

WR is the one position I'll be pissed if we take somebody in the first two days. We're not all that good, but CMC, DJ, and Samuel are good enough that we can get by. I'd rather see us take a big WR late or as a UFA if at all (Scotty Washington, what's up?) and get some decent veterans.

Agree that we don’t need a wr but for different reasons. You listing CMC as a WR is a problem (that we need to address later).

But we do need to build a solid WR2/3 in the next few years. CMC won’t be around forever.

It's a really deep WR class. There will be decent WR options in rounds 3-5. Many Ravens fans are similarly talking about taking a WR in the 1st or 2nd, and I'm hoping we wait till at least the 3rd.

If the projections hold, it seems the consensus is Young, Okudah and Simmons going before Brown. With the QBs and maybe an OT going before you, there's a really good chance that Brown will be there at 7. If not, and no team is offering much to trade back, both Wirfs and Becton were impressive in the underwear olympics. For a guy who can play G or T, it was impressive to see Wirfs run a sub 4.9 40. And if there is 1 thing that Ferentz is good at, it's churning out good OLinemen and TEs. Those 2 OTs and Wills appear to be the 1st 3 OTs off the board.

I think some mocks at the end of the season had Becton at the top of the 2nd. Guess that’s not happening now.

No, his stock has been on the rise. Mel and Todd have been saying those 3 OTs are going off the board in the top 10-12. Wirfs in particular is an athletic freak.

Doesn't seem like we can go wrong with any of those defense/OT players slated to go between Herbert and Jeudy.

who was the last really good WR we drafted? Smitty? Lots of high potential meh since then although I may be forgetting someone.

This. But he won't make it to 7 now. Brown is a perfect consolation prize.

The last CBS mock draft had him there. I think it really depends on what Washington does at #2, if they’re truly interested in taking Tua.

who was the last really good WR we drafted? Smitty? Lots of high potential meh since then although I may be forgetting someone.

You’re not. Aside from DJ Moore, Kelvin Benjamin is probably the most productive WR we’ve drafted since Steve Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back