Page 18 of 128 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by guitardeac View Post
    Yes, but Cam is a weird celebrity. I think thatís what was bothering Tepper.

Again, I donít know. Just the word on the street around Charlotte
    exactly what street are you on?

I donít rlly think Iím gonna care about the Pittsburgh Panthers whenever they return. Itís been a forced fandom the last 2 years anyway, a lot like the hornets, who I also barely watched this season. Watching games you put a little money on is more entertaining

From an ESPN article:
    Teddy Bridgewater's deal doesn't preclude the Panthers from drafting a quarterback high in the 2020 or 2021 NFL drafts. Bridgewater is getting $33 million fully guaranteed over the first two years of his deal, $23 million of which pays out in 2020. If the Panthers draft a quarterback and want to make him the 2021 starter, they'll have paid Bridgewater a midrange starting quarterback's salary for one year and only owe him $10 million in guaranteed money in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Cam deserved better, says this article
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cam-new...205744744.html

link in article shows 10 roughing the passer penalties not called.
    Didnít read article but I assume all 10 are from the opening game in Denver?

Three round mock draft
    https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/03/...ock-draft-3-0/

7. Carolina Panthers Ė Isaiah Simmons (LB Ė Clemson)
    The Carolina Panthers have needs everywhere on defense, but the biggest hole is at middle linebacker with the retirement of Luke Keuchly. Simmons wonít be able to step right in and completely fill the shoes of one of the best linebackers to play the game, but heís a damn good starting point.

38. Carolina Panthers Ė Justin Madubuike (iDL Ė Texas A&M)
    The Panthers need iDL help after letting Dontari Poe and Gerald McCoy go. Madubuikeís just scratching the surface of his potential and heís already a damn good prospect.

Iíd be fine with that. Our defense is going to be so bad next year.

Cam's physical in Atlanta is meaningless
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cam-new...142947531.html
    Cam is looking pretty good on the IG right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Cam is looking pretty good on the IG right now.
    I agree, but did you see the video he posted last week running cones outside? He looked to be in slow motion, idk why he posted that one

I'm rooting for him. Here's hoping he becomes a Charger or Dolphin.

I'm rooting for him. Here's hoping he becomes a Charger or Dolphin.
    Please god anyone but the Patriots.

The only team that would actually bum me out if he goes to would be Denver. Seems unlikely. Iíd actually be interested to see how Belichick would use him. But also seems unlikely to me. Iíd predict Chargers

I don't see Belichick putting up with Cam's bouts of inaccuracy/lack of touch. If Cam could still run, Belichick could make the most of it though. I think the Pats go pedestrian at QB just so Belichick can show how smart he is.
    Last edited by awaken; 03-27-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    The only team that would actually bum me out if he goes to would be Denver. Seems unlikely. Iíd actually be interested to see how Belichick would use him. But also seems unlikely to me. Iíd predict Chargers
    Denver is rolling with Lock. The other team along with the Chargers that would make some sense is the Jaguars. They seriously can't be going all in on Minshew with no one else, unless they're tanking for the #1 pick. And we saw how well that worked out this year. I'm guessing that they really like Herbert or Love. But a healthy Cam could make them suddenly competitive. And speaking of Herbert and love, do the Pats luck into 1 of them without having to trade up?

Cam looks way too jacked to play QB. Maybe tight end, but that body mass doesn't scream "reconstructed shoulder". A little worried he went full Tiger Woods during his injury.

FWIW I've been told that that teams were relayed a massage saying a normal season in 2020 is "highly unlikely" at this point. Sounds like behind closed door games or a complete season cancellation are the two options being thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    FWIW I've been told that that teams were relayed a massage saying a normal season in 2020 is "highly unlikely" at this point. Sounds like behind closed door games or a complete season cancellation are the two options being thrown around.
    Kirk Herbstreit mentioned this as a strong possibility (for college and pro) and was vilified by many on social media.

His sources are probably pretty good too, so I think there is a good chance we don't see any football this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    you had lunch with guitardeac?

Quote Originally Posted by MBDeac08 View Post
    Kirk Herbstreit mentioned this as a strong possibility (for college and pro) and was vilified by many on social media.

His sources are probably pretty good too, so I think there is a good chance we don't see any football this fall.
    Unfortunately until they have vaccine itís hard to imagine allowing large sporting events which could trigger outbreak. Increased testing and anti-viral meds could allow some things start to normalize such as opening up restaurants, businesses, etc. once the curve comes down, but large sporting events just scream hot spot.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    Unfortunately until they have vaccine itís hard to imagine allowing large sporting events which could trigger outbreak. Increased testing and anti-viral meds could allow some things start to normalize such as opening up restaurants, businesses, etc. once the curve comes down, but large sporting events just scream hot spot.
    Yeah considering a Champions League match in Italy has been cited as a major source of outbreak