• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
christian-mccaffrey-8-1400.jpg

Yeesh. I like Ph starting the thread. We needed to change things up. We suck until 2024 is my guess, hope I'm wrong.

Finally. Took 5 minutes to load the old thread due to the page numbers.

Saw JStew post an Instagram video of his Super Bowl TD run. Damn, don't think we're gonna get anything like that any time soon.

Remind me again how many weekly network or "major" company TV shows are produced in Charlotte? Remind how many "major" production companies (other than late Roger Korman's low budget) are in Charlotte?
I wouldn't be surprised if players and agents think Charlotte is place where mediocre players will get grossly overpaid. The only way Panthers will ever better than bottom 2/3 of playoffs is so tank and great draft picks. Whether you like it or not, Charlotte is NOT destination for free agents.

Let me give you a list of points BIFF:

1. We don't care one way or another about Charlotte. It's nice town during winter moths but that's it.
2. Charlotte is in BOTTOM third of medium markets.
3. Unless you are from NC or surrounding area, it is NOT prime city that anyone desires visits.
7. The Panthers don't have players to surround MCM with and aren't "marquee" franchise.
8. Hurney is well thought of but he has to prove himself to get confidence of players and agents. Carolina has bad reputation in the leagues in two different ownership groups.
9. Other teams have MORE talent and opportunities than the Panthers.
10. Again, we don't hate Charlotte or have any ill feelings about it.

Well since most of our new coaches now come from the collegiate ranks, maybe we can win the National Championship game next year? I think we can beat Clemson but not sure about Bama

Loved seeing Rhule & Tepper at Brooks'. Looked like the family really appreciated it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back