Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    The last CBS mock draft had him there. I think it really depends on what Washington does at #2, if they’re truly interested in taking Tua.
    Fair enough, I have seen quite a few mocks with him there. It'll take at least 3 QBs going top 6 for it to happen.

Dontari Poe gone
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panther...120959679.html

So yeah, we're probably drafting a DT in the 1st.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Kyle Allen is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent and has not received an offer from the Panthers yet. Doesn't look like the least accurate passer in the NFL is going to be around much longer.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Kyle Allen is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent and has not received an offer from the Panthers yet. Doesn't look like the least accurate passer in the NFL is going to be around much longer.
    Going all in on Grier?

What a rise and fall for Allen. He looked like a dependable future backup and then some people thought he was the future of the franchise. Then the bottom fell out. I can’t see Cam and Grier as the only veteran QBs going into camp. There’s got to be a veteran backup we could bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Going all in on Grier?

What a rise and fall for Allen. He looked like a dependable future backup and then some people thought he was the future of the franchise. Then the bottom fell out. I can’t see Cam and Grier as the only veteran QBs going into camp. There’s got to be a veteran backup we could bring in.
    Allen is better than Grier, but this move makes sense. If Cam is gone, Allen starts and wins 4-5 games, we miss on Laurence. Grier should win 1-4 games and improves our odds at the #1 pick, while on a rookie contract.

Bradbury gone
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-reds...234253098.html

So we're ditching all the old regime players, but keeping the old regime GM?

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Bradbury gone
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-reds...234253098.html

So we're ditching all the old regime players, but keeping the old regime GM?
    He's not gone, not yet at least. Writing does seem to be on the wall. If he wants to be the top paid CB then yeah, let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    The last CBS mock draft had him there. I think it really depends on what Washington does at #2, if they’re truly interested in taking Tua.
    I think Wash is blowing smoke about Tua. They drafted a #1 QB last year, and with Tua's injury history, no way would I pass on Young. If I'm Det or NYG, and I'm not trading down to someone wanting Tua, I gotta think Simmons is the next pick off the board. Dude weighs 230+, runs a 4.39, can blitz and cover WRs. Then Okudah, Brown, some OTs, WRs and Herbert.

There's no way Rivera passes up an elite pass rusher. No way.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Allen is better than Grier, but this move makes sense. If Cam is gone, Allen starts and wins 4-5 games, we miss on Laurence. Grier should win 1-4 games and improves our odds at the #1 pick, while on a rookie contract.
    Allen got off to a good start and then went 1-7 in games he started the rest of the year but you're throwing Grier under the bus because he looked bad in his first 5 quarters of action as a true rookie. Allen is fucking terrible.

Panthers are shopping Trei Turner

Shopping Trai to save $3.3M in cap space. Basically starting the franchise from scratch. No way we bring back Cam for this. This is going all in for Lawrence.

so is CMC just gonna be benched next year or what

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Shopping Trai to save $3.3M in cap space. Basically starting the franchise from scratch. No way we bring back Cam for this. This is going all in for Lawrence.
    The trouble is Cam has no trade value till healthy, so you're not trading him before the draft in all likelihood. More likely a Jul-Aug trade, or maybe Sep-Oct before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    so is CMC just gonna be benched next year or what
    Lingering hamstring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Lingering hamstring injury.
    preemptive holdout

CMC gonna get traded

CMC gonna get traded
    Hopefully we get a Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams level payback for him.

CMC gonna get traded
    To me this makes so much sense. As a running back his primary window of opportunity is the next 3-4 years. He is more valuable to the team in draft picks at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    To me this makes so much sense. As a running back his primary window of opportunity is the next 3-4 years. He is more valuable to the team in draft picks at this point.
    I don’t trust Hurney to do a team rebuild.