Page 9 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Yeah I don't get why we'd go after Bridgewater. Must be the Joe Brady connection, telling Rhule he really believes in Teddy is my only thought there.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    If we trade Cam then we need to just roll with Grier or Allen so we donít accidentally win 4-5 games next year
    Yeah, needs to be a Matt Moore/Jimmy Clausen era tank with Grier and Allen next year. Just be awful and draft Lawrence. No reason to dick around and finish with 5 wins.

Primary OGB Benefactor

Tepper and Co not leaving a good taste in the mouth of some of our legends. TD, Greg, and Cam all gone not of their own volition. I don't like it much. Hope we just tank for a good draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Would be a lot easier to sympathize with Cam if he didn't use that bootleg hieroglyphics font

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Is that fo real? Yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by deacfan123 View Post
    Tepper and Co not leaving a good taste in the mouth of some of our legends. TD, Greg, and Cam all gone not of their own volition. I don't like it much. Hope we just tank for a good draft pick
    No doubt. I don't get why owners do this. There is a right way and a wrong way to part ways with fan favorite veterans.

Cam is the most *important* Panther ever (different from "the best").

Tepper is cold blooded man, treating the legends like a stock that he needs to boot from the portfolio.

I think the goodwill he tried to create by welcoming Smitty back is rapidly deteriorating

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBrews View Post
    Cam is the most *important* Panther ever (different from "the best").

Tepper is cold blooded man, treating the legends like a stock that he needs to boot from the portfolio.
    Good. In the NFL you win by being proactive and moving on older players before they cost too much and begin to regress. Name one long tenured club legend that was starting in the SB this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Good. In the NFL you win by being proactive and moving on older players before they cost too much and begin to regress. Name one long tenured club legend that was starting in the SB this past season.
    Kelce

If you want ongoing success you need to be ruthless and cold blood with no sentimental value to players or the fan base at all, aka the Belichick way.

Rusty Larue
    ugh, i'm not ready for cam to leave.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    Agreed. They're acting like they cut him.

I really don't trust Hurney to draft a rebuild. There's a very good chance we get one great defensive player and nothing.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Teddy Bridgewater to the Panthers. 3-year deal, $20M a year. That's basically Cam's last contract which is a middle of the road starter contract now.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 03-17-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    If we trade Cam then we need to just roll with Grier or Allen so we donít accidentally win 4-5 games next year
    Allen will win that many

7-9 middle of the pack. Here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    ugh, i'm not ready for cam to leave.
    Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

We need to lose and lose and lose. Stock up on draft picks. Get rid of the bad contracts. Then have another good 3-4 year run.