• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other team that is interesting is SF if Caserio thinks Garropolo is a legit franchise QB because SF has an unusually high pick this year. This will come down to what Caserio thinks about which QB is the best choice between Garropolo, Tua, Darnold, Wilson and Fields. If it were me, I think I'd lean Wilson, which means I would try to make a deal with NYJ, say for their 2 1sts and their early 2nd.

The Pats may try to get Garrappollo back too.

Yeah, it sounds like SF isn't happy with Garropolo and is ready to move on. The question is who do they have their eyes on. Maybe Cousins if he's cut? This offseason will be further complicated by a salary cap in the $175-180mil range. Which means you're going to have a lot of cap casualties and probably a lot of FAs agreeing on smaller 1 year contracts, knowing that the cap will go up like $30mil the following year.

I see that David Tepper has been paying close attention to my instagram comments and is putting the pieces in place for Deshaun.

Watson has been the decoy this whole time; we hired Ryan for Matthew Stafford

The other team that is interesting is SF if Caserio thinks Garropolo is a legit franchise QB because SF has an unusually high pick this year. This will come down to what Caserio thinks about which QB is the best choice between Garropolo, Tua, Darnold, Wilson and Fields. If it were me, I think I'd lean Wilson, which means I would try to make a deal with NYJ, say for their 2 1sts and their early 2nd.

Watson still would have to sign off on any team they deal him to. I feel like the Jets have to be at the bottom of his list.

It would certainly help if Watson just came out and said he's not playing for the Texans and he'll only go to the Panthers. But the NFL would shit bricks if that happened and the Texans didn't get a massive haul for it.

Watson still would have to sign off on any team they deal him to. I feel like the Jets have to be at the bottom of his list.

New GM and new coach. They're being praised for the Saleh hire, and he's bringing a Shanahan protege as his OC. They also have a lot of cap room at a time when most teams are going to have to cut players in order to get under the cap. And it's the NY market, so he'll be able to make more $$ away from football. And he'd be the biggest thing in NY since Broadway Joe. Of the 3 teams with lots of $$ and picks (NYJ, Jax and Mia), I think the only 1 he'd say no to might be Jax because of the small market. I'm also pretty sure he'd say yes to SF.

He needs to realize that the Texans are the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL right now, and it's all self-inflicted because of BOB, McNair and Easterby. And McNair and Easterby aren't changing. NYJ and Jax were the biggest dumpster fires, but with their picks, cap space and new coaches, they should be poised to improve pretty quickly. I'm sticking by my take that Mia, SF and NYJ are the 3 most logical destinations, and it'll ultimately depend on which QB they like the most in return.

No chance Watson wants to go to MIA, SF, or NYJ due to housing prices and/or taxes.

Lions looking to trade Stafford. I’m guessing we could get him for the #8 pick and they could package #7 and #8 for Fields or Wilson. We definitely aren’t drafting a top 4 QB at this point.

Is stafford going to fetch a first tho?

Also, very happy we established a winning culture & beat Washington! Go team!

Apparently Watson has the Jets and Dolphins ranked as his two preferred trade destinations, based on their coaching staffs. Combination of that and the assets probably puts us out of the running.

Is stafford going to fetch a first tho?

Also, very happy we established a winning culture & beat Washington! Go team!

I think there’s a market for him. This article from last month proposed Washington trading a 1st, future 3rd, and Haskins for Stafford. Maybe they’ll take the high 2nd for him. The question is if the Panthers want to commit to Stafford for 3-5 years when the plan was to get a QB of the future this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-realis...eteran-qbs-stafford-garoppolo-carr-ryan-wentz

I think they’ll get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back