• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the only QB I like after the top 5 in round 1 is maybe Mond if you can get him in the 3rd. Y'all have to hope NYJ keep Darnold and trades down to Mia or Cin so they can take Sewell. The sports talking heads this a.m. seem to think NYJ stays with Darnold. Atl sticking with Ryan would also be helpful. Probably have to move up to #3 if you want Wilson.

So Jamie Newman couldn't risk being with the same guys in a controlled environment playing football this year, but can play with people coming in from all over the country for an exhibition?

He's a loser and a bum, doesn't want to compete. Wouldn't take him with the last pick in the draft.

Five Things new Panther GM needs to do
https://www.yahoo.com/news/five-things-panthers-gm-scott-220543677.html

I like this
Fitterer is known around league circles as a talent evaluator. He had a hand in drafting a number of players after the first round who made Pro Bowls, including safety Kam Chancellor (fifth round, 2010), cornerback Richard Sherman (fifth round, 2011) and linebacker Bobby Wagner (second round, 2012).

But perhaps the Seahawks’ biggest acquisition before their championship run was drafting quarterback Russell Wilson, who they found in 2012’s third round.

Mock drafts with trades are so silly. Trading down from getting a QB, CB, or MLB to take a position we can address in FA seems ridiculous.

Carolina has nowhere near the draft capital NYJ and Miami have. And if you're Houston, you can get your future QB at #2 or 3, maybe not at #8.

Carolina has nowhere near the draft capital NYJ and Miami have. And if you're Houston, you can get your future QB at #2 or 3, maybe not at #8.

Yeah well Watson has to approve the destination for the trade to happen. Miami could happen, no chance he willingly goes to NY.

Kinda silly to not want Watson. I see the argument about overpaying or how we will navigate the cap, which is valid, but I absolutely want Watson for the right price.

I guess part of me wonders how big of a trade it would be considering Watson doesn't have a lot of leverage. He wants out, and it would behoove the Texans to move on from a disgruntled QB.

I would gladly trade the 8th pick, next year's first round pick, some other mid round picks, and Bridgewater to the Texans for Watson. But if it's going to take another 1st round pick or CMC, I'm not interested. He's probably the 5th best QB in the league, and would change almost any franchise dramatically. But for a higher price I would rather take my chances in the draft and hope to hit a home run on a rookie contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back