• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fields ain't falling past 2

And the Jets will continue to suck, unless you're saying they will trade the pick.

I am 100% out on Fields and Lance and will continue to say this until the day I am assured that neither of them are Panthers. So you all have that to look forward to.

Fields ain't falling past 2

That depends on who the NYJ hire and what they do at QB. They could decide that they like Wilson more than Fields given Fields inconsistent play this year. Or they could decide that neither is better than Darnold, and trade back with Mia or Cin, both of whom would love to have Sewell. Whatever they decide, it ain't gonna be taking a WR at #2. That will be Sewell, Fields or Wilson. I'm interested in seeing what order Fields, Wilson, Lance and Jones get selected. Jones isn't the most athletic QB, but he has been incredibly accurate all season. He could also be in play in the top 10.

2020 Carolina Panthers - 2021 NFL Draft talk (RIP Kevin Greene)

The Athletic has Wilson to the Jets and Fields back in GA to the Falcons. They have the Panthers taking Lance in the 1st and a LT from Texas in the 2nd. They have Boogie going in the 2nd to the Giants.

Two-round 2021 NFL mock draft: Four QBs early, DeVonta Smith reunites with Tua https://theathletic.com/2316582/2021/01/12/nfl-mock-draft-devonta-smith/

I like fields by far the least out of the top four options. Dude has bust written all over him.

Stay the fuck away from OS quarterbacks. He is the perfect Jets kinda pick.

I think both might be taken in the late first round too. Don't think they'll last past the first 5-10 picks of the second round at the latest. Zach Wilson please.

I think both might be taken in the late first round too. Don't think they'll last past the first 5-10 picks of the second round at the latest. Zach Wilson please.

Jones is going in the 1st, likely before 20. I don't think Trask goes in the 1st.

with that in mind, why not just take Jones. is Lance really better?

I was dismissing Jones earlier in the year by saying he's throwing to A-A WRs, handing off to an A-A back and is behind some A-As on the OL. That said, he's been awfully accurate. I also read he had a 4.0 and graduated in 2.5 years and is working on a graduate degree. So yeah, I think the order of QBs behind Lawrence is an open question between 2 and 5. What is Rhule looking for, more of a pocket passer or a mobile QB?

Mobile QB. It's 2021. A starting QB has got to be able to scramble and run effectively. I think Mac Jones will stick around as a reliable backup and spot starter for 10+ years but that's it. Maybe like a Nick Foles career.

Mobile QB. It's 2021. A starting QB has got to be able to scramble and run effectively. I think Mac Jones will stick around as a reliable backup and spot starter for 10+ years but that's it. Maybe like a Nick Foles career.

i'm good if he brings us a SB

Mac Jones reads the field and finds wide open receivers better than anyone in the draft, including Lawrence. He just doesn't have a huge arm but he's accurate.

Arm strength is overrated. QB is mostly mental position, and that is what makes it such a difficult position to scout.

I'd be willing to run counter this conventional wisdom. While running QB's are prized, that means an immobile QB who thinks and reads the game well is undervalued. I'd gladly take the next Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger with a pick outside the top 10. I have no idea if Mac Jones is like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back