• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name your price. I'll take Fields, you take Wilson. We'll evaluate after 3 years.

And I'll take Lawrence over any of the other 4. He's been consistently great for 3 years, and most of the draft talking heads think he's the best college QB since Luck.

And Jerry Rice had an interesting thought in wanting SF to trade Garropolo and picks for Watson. BOB, Easterby and the McNair family have done their very best turning Hou from a playoff team to the worst franchise in the sport.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to run counter this conventional wisdom. While running QB's are prized, that means an immobile QB who thinks and reads the game well is undervalued. I'd gladly take the next Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger with a pick outside the top 10. I have no idea if Mac Jones is like them.

He's like Brady without the arm.

Maybe we go the WFTroute and draft Lance in R1 and Newman in R3. We then turn one into a Taysom Hill

Then some other franchise can overpay for Newman down the road and Lance can be a cautionary tale.

One of these QBs is going to fall hard not only in the mocks, but in the actual draft. It always happens. And one them will move up much farther than they are mocked right now. That also always happens.

Pretend we aren’t going QB at #8. What’s 2nd-3rd round prospects would you be interested in?

None of the above. I'd rather go BPA in the 2nd or 3rd in that case. Just hope Teddy gets back to early season form. Draft a sleeper QB late. Maybe bring in Heinicke too.

Heineke is a MAGA guy. Pretty sure Thule would rather use some dude from Temple than develop a prospect.

None of the above. I'd rather go BPA in the 2nd or 3rd in that case. Just hope Teddy gets back to early season form. Draft a sleeper QB late. Maybe bring in Heinicke too.

I think because we have Teddy for another year would be why you could go QB in R2/3 (Trask?) who has the talent to start in year 2, but would need to sit his whole rookie season. I know that’s probably the plan if we go QB in R1 but I would assume the timeline is sped up with a R1 QB than an R2/R3.

Just glad Brady didn't get the Falcons job. Jury still out on him, but wouldn't want the prospect of him being really good with a division rival.

This draft is so top heavy offensively we have to go best defensive player available with pick #39.

Most mock drafts have between 20-22 offensive players going round 1 this year. We could very likely land a top 12-15 defensive prospect at #39.

2020 Carolina Panthers - New GM Scott Fitterer (Seahawks VP of Football Operations)

I think because we have Teddy for another year would be why you could go QB in R2/3 (Trask?) who has the talent to start in year 2, but would need to sit his whole rookie season. I know that’s probably the plan if we go QB in R1 but I would assume the timeline is sped up with a R1 QB than an R2/R3.

It’s not about talent, it’s readiness. The goal is to take one Day 1 or 2 QB for the foreseeable future. We don’t need another Will Grier sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back