• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that their new thing? Being a halfway house for aging QBs? Matt Ryan after him?

They have a good rest of the roster who can win with the right QB. They don’t have time to pick one and develop him or to waste on Brissett who is decent enough but not the guy.

Indy has too good a team to have a high enough pick to get a QB. So yeah, they'll have to resort to bringing in an old QB, at least for now. And Stafford's cap hit is manageable - they'd even be in a position to extend him. I think he ends up in either Indy or SF. If I were him, I'd rather be in either of those than NE, which is in more of a rebuilding mode. Also wouldn't surprise me to see a 3 way trade involving a QB or 2. And the word now is Watson prefers NYJ.

Who would Watson play with on the Jets? Seems to dumb to go to a team with no current weapons and no draft picks to get some. The Panthers at least have a decent collection already and will likely keep some of them.

Who would Watson play with on the Jets? Seems to dumb to go to a team with no current weapons and no draft picks to get some. The Panthers at least have a decent collection already and will likely keep some of them.

All three will be rough assuming we'd have to give up a sizable dowry to get Watson but we'd at least have DJ Moore on the roster and I'm sure either Anderson or Samuel would re-sign if Watson was coming.

Long term, we're in a better position because New Orleans needs a new QB, Tampa Bay will only have Brady for 3 more years max, and Atlanta is going to have to draft a new QB and he might be a bust. Both the Jets and the Fins have to deal with Buffalo.

I wouldn't be surprised for him to end up in Miami...

BTW, the opening line for the Super Bowl is KC -3. That seems low.

All three will be rough assuming we'd have to give up a sizable dowry to get Watson but we'd at least have DJ Moore on the roster and I'm sure either Anderson or Samuel would re-sign if Watson was coming.

Long term, we're in a better position because New Orleans needs a new QB, Tampa Bay will only have Brady for 3 more years max, and Atlanta is going to have to draft a new QB and he might be a bust. Both the Jets and the Fins have to deal with Buffalo.

Yeah figure we’d lose CMC but could maybe have Moore and Anderson an could get a rookie RB like Etienne

Watching the game last night I’m glad we didn’t sign Breeland because of his toe or whatever (he said sarcastically)

Yeah figure we’d lose CMC but could maybe have Moore and Anderson an could get a rookie RB like Etienne

maybe the texans are stupid and he won't be as expensive as we fear.

i'd rather overpay and get him then have reports leak that Tepper didn't want to give up x or y. the games yesterday proved how valuable a talented qb is for your team

I still say the Panthers don't have the draft capital to get Watson. And if I'm Houston, I have to get a QB not named Bridgewater out of the deal. They may or may not get that at #8, but they will get that at #2/Darnold + more picks. NYJ are not totally devoid of talent, and they have the coach that Watson reportedly wants to play for in the biggest market in the country. And their WRs were injured most of this past season. They're not a real playoff contender next year, but with Douglass, Saleh and lots of cap space, they're primed to be adding some pieces when a lot of teams are cutting players to get under the cap.

I still say the Panthers don't have the draft capital to get Watson. And if I'm Houston, I have to get a QB not named Bridgewater out of the deal. They may or may not get that at #8, but they will get that at #2/Darnold + more picks. NYJ are not totally devoid of talent, and they have the coach that Watson reportedly wants to play for in the biggest market in the country. And their WRs were injured most of this past season. They're not a real playoff contender next year, but with Douglass, Saleh and lots of cap space, they're primed to be adding some pieces when a lot of teams are cutting players to get under the cap.

PJ Walker it is. done deal.

Thought this was interesting. I could get down with accumulating enough draft capital to move up in the draft next year. I'm not sure our pick plus the Bears' pick next year would get us to the Top 5. I think the Bears will be picking 15-25 and I hope we'll be in the same area.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-solak-1.0
[h=4]8. Bears[/h] [h=4]Trey Lance[/h] [h=4]QB, North Dakota State[/h]
Chicago receives: 8th overall pick (2021)

Carolina receives: 20th overall pick (2021); 1st round pick (2022); 3rd round pick (2022)

[h=4]20. Panthers[/h] [h=4]Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah[/h] [h=4]LB, Notre Dame[/h]

Carolina receives: 20th overall pick (2021); 1st round pick (2022); 3rd round pick (2022)
This is a big trade-back for the Panthers, who should be fully aware at this stage of the limitations of their roster. They have needs… well, they have needs pretty much everywhere. It may be a tough pill to swallow, electing to trade out of the quarterback pick, but they have at least another year for Teddy Bridgewater, and with this trade, enough capital to get aggressive for a quarterback in next year’s draft or on the trade market.

At this stage, they go for an excellent foil to Shaq Thompson and Jeremy Chinn: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Owusu-Koramoah is the ideal overhang defender for college-esque defenses, playing at a box safety’s size, but with excellent instincts and quickness to affect plays quickly at the line of scrimmage. He’ll play in the box, freeing up Chinn to play free safety on base downs, and work out over the slot against spread sets. Great fit.

Thought this was interesting. I could get down with accumulating enough draft capital to move up in the draft next year. I'm not sure our pick plus the Bears' pick next year would get us to the Top 5. I think the Bears will be picking 15-25 and I hope we'll be in the same area.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-solak-1.0
[h=4]8. Bears[/h] [h=4]Trey Lance[/h] [h=4]QB, North Dakota State[/h]

[h=4]20. Panthers[/h] [h=4]Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah[/h] [h=4]LB, Notre Dame[/h]

This is a big trade-back for the Panthers, who should be fully aware at this stage of the limitations of their roster. They have needs… well, they have needs pretty much everywhere. It may be a tough pill to swallow, electing to trade out of the quarterback pick, but they have at least another year for Teddy Bridgewater, and with this trade, enough capital to get aggressive for a quarterback in next year’s draft or on the trade market.

At this stage, they go for an excellent foil to Shaq Thompson and Jeremy Chinn: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Owusu-Koramoah is the ideal overhang defender for college-esque defenses, playing at a box safety’s size, but with excellent instincts and quickness to affect plays quickly at the line of scrimmage. He’ll play in the box, freeing up Chinn to play free safety on base downs, and work out over the slot against spread sets. Great fit.

That mock is silly, IMO. If Trey Lance is there, we 100% take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back