• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Probably going to get like a 2020 4th compensatory pick plus a conditional 2021 7th. Actually that's optimistic.

Cam actually has a good bit of value due to his contract. He's got one year at $20 million. If you like him, you can franchise tag him for a second year, and then probably move on since he'll be 33 the following season. The problem is how do you demonstrate that he can actualy throw the ball.

Full tanking rarely works, particularly in the NFL. The Dolphins went into full tank mode last year and still ended up winning 5 games and pick 5th. The players on the roster and the coaches will try to win every individual game, and teams can't forecast injuries. Mid-way through last season, everyone was certain the Dolphins would finish with the worst pick, and it was unfathomable that they would win 5 games, but they did.

The Bengals (2-14) wound up with the first pick because AJ Green essentially missed the entire year as did their #1 pick, large part of their OL and much of their secondary. Even so, the Bengals went 0-7 in games decided by a TD or less. So, luck also had something to do with it too.

While tanking is no guarantee, trying to shed every starter I can name and crippling your upcoming draft with a lousy GM is a good start.

Who are these guys ?!

ETZYO6EWsAImLp_

I agree about tanking in the NFL in general, but the one position you can really do it with is QB. The Suck for Luck year the Colts were blatant with it - they trotted out Curtis Painter all year and I’m pretty sure he was winless in all his starts. Then they started Dan Orlavsky in the last couple games and almost fucked it up because he nearly won the last couple.

Going 6-10 is worthless if you think there is a Super Bowl caliber QB in the next draft (certainly debatable with Lawrence or Fields) but I would much rather have one of them than a dude whose knee basically exploded a few years ago and led an already strong roster to some wins last year.

Agree with above, and if you are going to start rebuilding the defense via free agency, then you'll need extra cap room.

Those of you worried about us winning 8 games need to figure out how Teddy and CMC are going to put up 40 points per game, because this defense is going to suck.

Eric Reid ranked 69th among 71 safeties in 2019. Good riddance

What kind of ranking? I mean I believe you, just wondering.

I know one thing, that guy seemed to make about every tackle last season. He was everywhere especially against the run. Of course, you do t want safeties making all your tackles against the run. Anyway, I thought he was one of our best players last year. Surprised he was ranked so low.

so since the entire team is basically turning over, do we expect Luke to come out of "retirement" next year and go to the Skins or Bills?

What kind of ranking? I mean I believe you, just wondering.

I know one thing, that guy seemed to make about every tackle last season. He was everywhere especially against the run. Of course, you do t want safeties making all your tackles against the run. Anyway, I thought he was one of our best players last year. Surprised he was ranked so low.

PFF. Some love their rankings, some hate them.

so since the entire team is basically turning over, do we expect Luke to come out of "retirement" next year and go to the Skins or Bills?

Wouldn’t shock me at all.

We signed Seth Roberts. 29 year old WR who was in Oakland for a few years. Didn’t realize he was in Baltimore last season.

Wouldn’t shock me at all.

We signed Seth Roberts. 29 year old WR who was in Oakland for a few years. Didn’t realize he was in Baltimore last season.

He's ok. Caught a few balls and blocked well enough. Fine as your 4th WR who you don't pay big $$ for.

yeah...i remember the 1-15 team. i got great free tickets from a company my Aunt worked for (at the time). Silver level and on the 50, sweet, went to about 5 or 6 games because nobody wanted to go to the games.

having said that, yeah they will suck next year.

So why would Bridgewater sign on this sinking ship?

Answer: $20M, but assuming he could get that somewhere else, too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back