• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets are looking to move up and take an OT before they're all gone. Yet, we have Okung at LT with one year left on his contract and Greg Little, who was a high draft pick, but has barely played.

Rumors going around about the Panthers trading down. It just makes no sense. We have a chance to get a player on par with Cam and Luke.

Even if the plan is to get 2021 assets to trade up for #1, it's going to take a lot to do that.

Panthers are looking to fall back for Lamb or Henderson and acquire additional picks for this year.

If we can get a 2021 first rounder I’d be ok with trading down. Just getting more picks in this draft doesn’t get me too excited. I wouldn’t necessarily expect that from Hurney if he doesn’t think he’d be around to make the pick next year

Panthers are looking to fall back for Lamb or Henderson and acquire additional picks for this year.

Right. If the plan is to tank, I’d rather do it with two or three of the first 75 picks who I feel comfortable we can win with long term than just get a bunch of guys. Of course I don’t trust Hurney past pick 10 or that factors into it.

If we can get a 2021 first rounder I’d be ok with trading down. Just getting more picks in this draft doesn’t get me too excited. I wouldn’t necessarily expect that from Hurney if he doesn’t think he’d be around to make the pick next year

Listened to Peter King on Barnwell's pod, he was saying teams may be a little iffy on trading for 2021 first rounders without knowledge of if a 2020 CFB season is going to happen in full or otherwise. Obviously would wreck havoc with player evaluations. They were thinking teams may be more willing to trade for 2022 first rounders than 2021.

Also, not necessarily a reference to your post but I see no evidence we're setting ourselves for the #1 or a very high pick in 2021 when we paid the money we did to Teddy and C-Mac.

And speaking of the Teddy money, King sounded convinced Tua would fall to at least us but didn't think we'd take since we owe Teddy $20M in guaranteed cash in 2021. I don't know that that would stop us, though we definitely would lose the benefit of having a small amount of money invested in the QB position when we have (theoretically) a stud young QB

Will add King also doesn't have Love going in the first round, so it's possible that fossil is just way off on how teams are valuing these QBs.

But from what I've heard from mainly podcasts it does at least sounds like there's some momentum in NFL circles that Herbert > Tua, dubious as that idea may be

Why? Unless you mean Auburn fans.

yeah, If Tua is there at 7, it would be so hard to pass him up. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

If Tua falls to 7 and nobody comes in with a great offer then take him. When he was healthy at Bama he was so good. Let him sit and rehab/learn for a year and then you'll have Teddy and a fresh #1 pick next year because college football ain't happening this fall. At the very least you could get a high #1 for Tua next summer if you think Teddy is the guy.

Passing on Tua to wait for Lawrence makes no sense. Take him. Let him compete with Teddy B. “Worst case scenario” you’ve got a very experienced backup behind a high ceiling QB coming off a bad injury.

I just mean drafting an injured QB after cutting your franchise QB for being injured won’t be a great look

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/04...um=email&utm_campaign=fp_nfl_final_mock_draft

1.07 Carolina Panthers: Derrick Brown (IDL – Auburn)
Let’s be clear: The Panthers have holes everywhere on their defense. If Isaiah Simmons were to fall to them here, they should select him as the centerpiece of the defense, but Brown should help a defensive line that lost Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Mario Addison, and Vernon Butler this offseason. Brown alongside Kawann Short will at least give them a strength in the trenches.

2.06 Carolina Panthers: Trevon Diggs (CB – Alabama)
The Panthers kind of lucked into Diggs here, as he’s considered to be a first-round talent. The Panthers play in the toughest division in the NFL when it comes to wide receivers, so the current combination of starting cornerbacks (Donte Jackson, Dominique Hatfield, and Corn Elder) needs to be fixed.

3.05 Carolina Panthers: Jeremy Chinn (S – Southern Illinois)
The Panthers continue the rebuild on defense, selecting Chinn. He showed up big time during the NFL Combine and got a lot of attention, but it’s hard to have a meteoric rise during this odd draft process. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go earlier than this, but he may fall further than most expect.

Donte Jackson, Dominique Hatfield, and Corn Elder

Geez.

CDeac, fair point. But healthy Teddy B is the starter right now. Tua is for the healthy future anyway.

Cutting Cam was a bad look regardless of what happens tomorrow night. Getting a top tier QB to replace him would make cutting Cam mean a little more.

Last edited:
Matt Rhule's Carolina Panthers: Teddy Bridgewater and PJ Walker are our QBs

what is a corn elder?

Sequel to Children of the Corn?

Hatfield is a practice squad guy who got cut by the Rams before the start of the season. Someone like that typically doesn’t get listed in a draft write up. Ouch.

Last edited:
Donte Jackson, Dominique Hatfield, and Corn Elder

Geez.

CDeac, fair point. But healthy Teddy B is the starter right now. Tua is for the healthy future anyway.

Cutting Cam was a bad look regardless of what happens tomorrow night. Getting a top tier QB to replace him would make cutting Cam mean a little more.

The draft is tonight? Holy shit, I legitimately had no idea. Figured it was in another week or two. Cool, gives me something to watch. But yeah you take Tua for sure if he is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back