• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Tua as a top 10 pick is very overrated. He is very accurate, slightly above average mobility (before injury) and a great leader, but he is not ready to run a pro offense. He threw to wide open receivers (because they were the best players on the field) 90% of the time. Watch the big games - he made bad throws and never worked a progression. In the Clemson championship game, he literally had one play he looked at receiver 1 and got back to receiver 2 and I am pretty sure it was a planned fake screen.

Please Panthers, no Tua.

IMO, Tua as a top 10 pick is very overrated. He is very accurate, slightly above average mobility (before injury) and a great leader, but he is not ready to run a pro offense. He threw to wide open receivers (because they were the best players on the field) 90% of the time. Watch the big games - he made bad throws and never worked a progression. In the Clemson championship game, he literally had one play he looked at receiver 1 and got back to receiver 2 and I am pretty sure it was a planned fake screen.

Please Panthers, no Tua.

I don't see the Panthers taking a QB #1 after bringing in Bridgewater. Y'all have gaping holes on D, and Brown should be on the board, with the possibility Simmons or Okudah could be on the board. I think the dream 1st 2 rounds would be Simmons and Blacklock.

Tua's has played 2 seasons as a starter when he was often shutdown early because of margin of victory. He has a prolific injury history:

October 6, 2018 - Sprained knee
October 13, 2018 - Tweaked the knee again
November 10, 2018 - Quad injury
December 1, 2018 (SEC Title game) - High ankle sprain
October 20, 2019 - High ankle sprain (different ankle than December 2018 injury)
November 16, 2019 - Dislocated hip

Here is the link to the TT injury timeline: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/23/21223883/tua-tagovailoa-injuries-timeline-nfl-draft-2020-alabama

That's 6 lower body injuries in two years, playing 3 or less quarters in most games over a college schedule of 12 to 14 games. Given that record, how can any NFL team believe that Tua is durable enough to play a 16 (or by next year 17) game regular season schedule which will require 4 quarters of play each game?

Like Tua's talent, but durability has to be part of any player eval, and he clearly doesn't have that quality. I would tread carefully on Tua.

Last edited:
i'm pretty confident we end up with Derrick Brown

Here's a shot of the Falcons headquarters and practice facility on Flowery Branch. It was constructed during 1999. Now, it is three counties north of Atlanta up I-85, via I-985, but it would appear that the headquarters itself hasn't caused an explosion of development over a 20-year period, as the Atlanta suburbs continue to expand.

o5kSdYv.jpg

SC is building a new interchange for the headquarters on I-77, so you can expect development there. Obviously, Charlotte is expanding into York County on a daily basis. I'm sure they'll point ot the Panthers facility as spurring economic development, but It's just stuff that was going to happen anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, 10,000% agree. And I don't live there right now but from what I've seen visiting the family the expansion into SC has been more in the Indian Land area where you're like five mins from Ballantyne than where the practice facility is going to be

Yeah, 10,000% agree. And I don't live there right now but from what I've seen visiting the family the expansion into SC has been more in the Indian Land area where you're like five mins from Ballantyne than where the practice facility is going to be

Well, that's Lancaster County which offers more incentives through the SCEDC than York County because it's more rural and depressed. It's just the one neck that reaches up to NC along US Hwy 521. A chunk of the state's federal highway money is going into the I-77 interchange.

Overall, there's a ton more going on in York County and Indian Land blends seamlessly into Fort Mill. Lake Wylie currently has a residential construction moratorium.

i'm pretty confident we end up with Derrick Brown

Would love Derrick Brown, but I'd also love to trade the pick and grab another second rounder or even a late first if possible. If we draft Tua, I will lose it. Teddy with our offensive weapons will be more than serviceable.

These hedge fund guys will do anything to save a buck. Will SC provide Augusta Nat'l sufficient incentives to move north? I only stop in SC for gas if I can help it.

Couldn't have gone much better. Every possible player on the board is still there except Okudah and Tua.

LOL. "Baby Barack." The F150 crew has to be pissed.

Happy with the pick. May as well be strong on the interior DL.

Ugh. I think Simmons would have been a much better pick.

Brown over Simmons?

I usually like OL and DL picks the most, but Simmons is supposed to be a generational player.

Gotta give cred where due, Baby Barack is a great nickname for a future lobbyist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back