• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good pick. As Jake Delhome said against the NFC South you now have 3 statues. So pressure up the middle is the most important thing.

would really like an OL in the 2nd round.

Good pick. As Jake Delhome said against the NFC South you now have 3 statues. So pressure up the middle is the most important thing.

Yeah. We need the basics. Isaiah Simmons seems like a guy who can make a good defense incredible, but not a guy to anchor a questionable defense. This team needs the absolute basics. We need players to crush QBs not fool them. We need Bane, not The Riddler.

Brown is a beast. Can't wait to see him and KK do work.

We have lots of $ tied up in the LB Corps.

Hurney basically admitted he wasn’t gonna blow people away immediately after making the pick. Vernon Butker 2.0

I preferred the versatility of Simmons but I am certainly not unhappy with Brown. Random question... Am I the only one that thought Brown looked completely miserable when the pick was announced? They cut back to his home a couple of times but I didn’t see him get out of his chair, stand up, speak to anyone or crack a smile once. Haven’t seen that from any other draft pick and we are now up to number 18. Hopefully it’s nothing and the kid just has a hell of a poker face. I certainly don’t know of any reason he would be unhappy to be picked by the Panthers.

Butler was a late round reach. Brown is the highest rated DT in the draft, the #2 DL behind Young.

10 years ago, I wanted us to take a DT from Auburn instead of Cam Newton. Now we got rid of Cam and drafted a DT from Auburn. Time is a flat circle.

Do we still suck or nah?

Yeah. This is the first time in years I've looked at the draft day depth chart and have no idea who many of them are.

Best case is 8-8 behind a fun high power offense and mercurial defense.

Yeah. This is the first time in years I've looked at the draft day depth chart and have no idea who many of them are.

Best case is 8-8 behind a fun high power offense and mercurial defense.

Corn elder?

Nah. I know him. I'm talking about our starting DE Stephen Weatherly. I'm talking about DT Woodrow Hamilton. Hamilton has been on and off the roster since 2018. I vaguely remember TJ Green and Juston Burris from Clemson and State.

Trevon Diggs should be available in the 2nd round if we don't go O-Line.

Shaq is the only guy getting paid. Burns is getting that first round money at LB assuming he doesn’t become a 4-3 DE. Other than that it’s most late round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back