• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean plenty of people had him pegged in the 1st round. Definitely not a reach, and a solid pick IMHO. Our DL could (hopefully) be set for years to come.

We may be re-making this team in the 49ers mold. Step 1 is get a nasty defensive line.

It's smart. The closer you are to the ball the more important you are. We've made Super Bowls with Ricky Manning Jr as our top CB and Tedd Ginn Jr as our top WR

Stocking up on defense is a really good sign. Stocking up on DL when 6 of your games are against Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes is essential.

I like the Chinn pick. We've had a hole at safety for a while. It's important to be strong on the lines and up the middle (MLB, S). Kid hits hard in his highlight reel.

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread: Draft Day

S Jeremy Chinn looks like a beast. Wow. 6-3/225. 4.45 40. All-Academic team.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been this happy about a draft at this point.

Last edited:
Granted against lower completion, but the Chinn highlights are ridiculous, especially where he blows up the run.

Not used to this.

58790598d2e2c633b6780e4a34068d06.jpg

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/04...um=email&utm_campaign=fp_nfl_final_mock_draft

1.07 Carolina Panthers: Derrick Brown (IDL – Auburn)
Let’s be clear: The Panthers have holes everywhere on their defense. If Isaiah Simmons were to fall to them here, they should select him as the centerpiece of the defense, but Brown should help a defensive line that lost Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Mario Addison, and Vernon Butler this offseason. Brown alongside Kawann Short will at least give them a strength in the trenches.

2.06 Carolina Panthers: Trevon Diggs (CB – Alabama)
The Panthers kind of lucked into Diggs here, as he’s considered to be a first-round talent. The Panthers play in the toughest division in the NFL when it comes to wide receivers, so the current combination of starting cornerbacks (Donte Jackson, Dominique Hatfield, and Corn Elder) needs to be fixed.

3.05 Carolina Panthers: Jeremy Chinn (S – Southern Illinois)
The Panthers continue the rebuild on defense, selecting Chinn. He showed up big time during the NFL Combine and got a lot of attention, but it’s hard to have a meteoric rise during this odd draft process. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go earlier than this, but he may fall further than most expect.

Need to pay attention to this guy going forward.

I like the Troy Pride pick too- what's going on with Hurney?

I love building a young defense through the draft and filling actual needs. No drafting a backup QB in the 3rd or a backup RB who isn't going to play then getting one of the top UFA RBs hours later. At least not yet. I'd be happy going OG, C, or anywhere on defense. We still need a lot of depth.

Officially love this draft. As long as we don’t go WR or RB I consider it a complete W

Hope the Panthers can get David Woodward in round 6 or 7. I was super impressed with him and think he'll surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back