• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich Gannon is like the anti-Romo. Played in a Super Bowl and gets everything wrong in the booth.

Damn it Panthers. If the goal is perpetual mediocrity then keep winning games like this.

Damn it Panthers. If the goal is perpetual mediocrity then keep winning games like this.

Nah. Like I said before, there are so many bad teams this year that it would be hard to lose enough. We just won a West Coast game without CMC.

The fact there are lots of bad teams is why we can’t afford these wins. We aren’t going to get where we want to be drafting 8th-12th every year. To state the obvious, we need to get our young QB1 ASAP.

yeah we need to get a patrick mahomes, deshaun watson, russell wilson, aaron rodgers, dak prescott, lamar jackson type QB so we HAVE to get just the #1 pick

yeah we need to get a patrick mahomes, deshaun watson, russell wilson, aaron rodgers, dak prescott, lamar jackson type QB so we HAVE to get just the #1 pick

You’re right. We should only make a QB selection in the 3rd round. Guaranteed to perform just like Russell Wilson.

So...rely on the stupidity of other teams to pass on talented QBs and have one fall in our lap. Seems like a solid plan. I’m very confident in Marty Hurney outsmarting / outmaneuvering other GMs.

We should be looking QB in this draft so naturally most of us are hoping for the consensus #1 guy although it certainly is no guarantee of success. I looked back today and the last #1 overall to win a Super Bowl with the team that drafted him was Peyton Manning (don’t really count Eli because of the forced trade situation so the Giants weren’t really the worst team)

most of those guys were 1st round picks

And we'll have a 1st round pick so we're in good shape.

So...rely on the stupidity of other teams to pass on talented QBs and have one fall in our lap. Seems like a solid plan. I’m very confident in Marty Hurney outsmarting / outmaneuvering other GMs.

Relying on the stupidity of other teams is the hallmark of drafting and it always works if you're not stupid. I share your concerns about Hurney though.

We should be looking QB in this draft so naturally most of us are hoping for the consensus #1 guy although it certainly is no guarantee of success. I looked back today and the last #1 overall to win a Super Bowl with the team that drafted him was Peyton Manning (don’t really count Eli because of the forced trade situation so the Giants weren’t really the worst team)

No reason to look that far for examples when our #1 pick QB took us to the Super Bowl just 4 years ago.

you tank in the offseason, you can't expect the coaches and players to lose games on purpose during the year. it wouldn't really be helpful for them to do that anyway, probably counterproductive in the long run

I’m assuming Tepper is giving the coaching staff a pass on this year. Ruhle and Brady at least.

For the record, I'd rather this team make the playoffs because 28 year old Teddy B is a solid QB, CMC is a great RB, DJ Moore is an emerging star, the OL gets it together, the young defense shows a lot of promise, and Rhule is a good coach. That's a far better position to be in than hoping for the best at the top of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back