• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the Panthers struggled in the first two weeks because a young team (especially defense) with a new coaching staff didn't have a preseason to prepare and played the Raiders and Bucs. They didn't struggle because of CMC. This squad will be better with a healthy CMC and a fresh pissed off Davis to give him a breather.

I would say the Panthers struggled in the first two weeks because a young team (especially defense) with a new coaching staff didn't have a preseason to prepare and played the Raiders and Bucs. They didn't struggle because of CMC. This squad will be better with a healthy CMC and a fresh pissed off Davis to give him a breather.

Totally agree. Just saying they weren't as adversely affected on the field by his absence as the Saints and Bucs were without their star WRs. I'm also really happy that Bridgewater is having a nice season. Dude has really been through the ringer and is finally getting another chance to be a starter.

Not to be lost in this is the job the offensive line is doing. Granted, Teddy is getting rid of the ball quickly but he's rarely in trouble back there. Moton has been ridiculous good, and Okung has played really well when he's been in there. The rest of the line has played really well too. WHoever is coaching that group deserves some kudos. Five games in, I am super impressed with this coaching staff.

It's been awhile since I've been this excited for a Panthers game.

Two years ago when the 6-2 Panthers played the 6-2 Steelers? Or last year when we went and played the Niners and Packers as a +.500 team?

We've started seasons well for several years in a row now. I do feel like this start is more sustainable though, provided Teddy stays upright

I'd say the last time I was this excited was probably before the Steelers game. I wasn't as excited about the Steelers game because it was the same Thursday night we played State.

Last year was about how long we could ride the Kyle Allen wave and the question marks about Cam's future. Right now, we have the excitement of a new coach and a new system and the feeling that we're building toward something.

I was pretty excited for the Seattle game later in 2018 too, after that L we were in dire straits. Not that long ago but nice to be in a game with two teams +.500

Panthers have announced they're voluntarily entering some kind of COVID protocol, presumably after a Falcons rookie tested positive.

Fucking Dirty Birds.

Panthers favored by 2.5 against the 4-1 bears. Incredible.

The Bears could just as easily be 1-4. They eked out late wins over Detroit, NYG and Atlanta and then had Tampa deliver last week's game on a silver platter. The Panthers should be favorites because they've been playing better ball than the Bears the last 3 weeks.

Two years ago when the 6-2 Panthers played the 6-2 Steelers? Or last year when we went and played the Niners and Packers as a +.500 team?

We've started seasons well for several years in a row now. I do feel like this start is more sustainable though, provided Teddy stays upright

I don't think this game ever happened?

KK out for the season with season-ending surgery on his shoulder.

Robby Anderson is 4th in the league with 489 yards

CMC will not be activated yet

The Bears could just as easily be 1-4. They eked out late wins over Detroit, NYG and Atlanta and then had Tampa deliver last week's game on a silver platter. The Panthers should be favorites because they've been playing better ball than the Bears the last 3 weeks.

yeah I mean I get it. I don't mean I am surprised we are favored. But if you would have told me before the season we were playing a 4-1 Bears team in game 6 of the season - and we are favored - I would have been in shock. That's my point. I'm just amazed at the job Rhule has done .

KK out for the season with season-ending surgery on his shoulder.

Sucks. He's also been non-existent. Pretty sure he doesn't even have a QB hit. What's the cap hit for 2021 when we cut him this offseason? I think he'll be off the books by 2022

yeah I mean I get it. I don't mean I am surprised we are favored. But if you would have told me before the season we were playing a 4-1 Bears team in game 6 of the season - and we are favored - I would have been in shock. That's my point. I'm just amazed at the job Rhule has done .

This is the Week 6 FOX coverage map. Our game is the red.

06-FOX-E.png

Sucks. He's also been non-existent. Pretty sure he doesn't even have a QB hit. What's the cap hit for 2021 when we cut him this offseason? I think he'll be off the books by 2022

Yeah. It's a shame, but yeah. DT will be a draft priority regardless.

Has KK been non-existent because he's been trying to play through the shoulder injury and finally gave up?

So glad to not live in VA and have to watch the Redskins every week. Or maybe glad the Panthers were formed and saved us from it.

I think I read that this shoulder injury is not the same shoulder as last season.

Moore again showing he’s elite with the ball in his hands but struggling to make the catch. Should have been 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back