• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't get yesterday's trade at all, and if you're in rebuild mode, Okung is likely leaving next offseason. Now it wouldn't surprise me to see CMC traded.

New era, new thread: Matt Rhule's Carolina Panthers 2020 Edition

You can like him while still acknowledging that he is not "really good".

87 receptions and 1175 yards isn’t bad considering who he had throwing to him last year.

I’m also not that good at evaluating talent. What do y’all see that makes him not that good?

87 receptions and 1175 yards isn’t bad considering who he had throwing to him last year.

I’m also not that good at evaluating talent. What do y’all see that makes him not that good?

No it isn't bad, but it also isn't really good. He is 15th in yards, 9th in receptions, and 59th in receiving TDs. Given that each of the 32 teams theoretically has a #1 receiver, to me that puts him somewhere squarely in the middle. It is fine, he is a serviceable #1 on a bad team and a #2 on a good team, which again is fine but I wouldn't consider that "really good".

DJ is an emerging star. He’s going to be good but yeah. He’s not really good yet.

That's fair. I hope he can take a step forward with Cam or another competent QB last year. I think folks really overrated Allen based on a few games. Dude was awful.

Signed a DE and a S to two year deals. Cut Colin Jones.

Never heard of either player. We are screwed for the foreseeable future.

Mario Addison to Bills.
AJ Klein to Bills from Saints... was a Panther.

Former Panthers continue to congregate to Bills, Giants for obvious reasons. It's amazing how good the Bills are considering how much of our trash they've taken out. I'm looking at you, Kelvin Benjamin.

As much as it would pain me to see, trading CMC isn’t the worst idea if you’re committing to a full rebuild. The team is going nowhere in the next couple of years, don’t waste his prime. His stock cannot get any higher than it already is. Load up on some picks.

Ordinarily, I would agree. But he's a pretty unusual talent. As young as he is, durable so far, and seems like a solid teammate/leader, I think you have to try to sign him to an extension and focus the rebuild elsewhere. Unless someone offers you too good a deal to pass.

Cam given permission to seek trade

But what team is going to offer serious consideration till he's healthy? It's not like teams are flying in potential signees for physicals these days. If he is traded, I'm still thinking it'll be after the draft.

If we trade Cam then we need to just roll with Grier or Allen so we don’t accidentally win 4-5 games next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back