• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is your new ultra liberal owner from up North with no local ties? Most of the liberal board members may wish they had conservative leaning Jerry back running the show! Just another example of liberalism looking good on paper but falling to shit in the real world! I love it

Fox news went to commercial, huh?

Bridgewater signing doesn’t exactly help the Cam trade prospects either

Yeah. Probably going to get like a 2020 4th compensatory pick plus a conditional 2021 7th. Actually that's optimistic.

Last time we tanked to get a once-in-a-decade QB, he decided to go back to Stanford. That still turned out OK for us.

I'd rather be 6-10 next year and have a new GM for the 2021 Draft than be 3-13 with Hurney coming back.

Last time we tanked to get a once-in-a-decade QB, he decided to go back to Stanford. That still turned out OK for us.

I'd rather be 6-10 next year and have a new GM for the 2021 Draft than be 3-13 with Hurney coming back.

This. Honestly, if the game plan was to let Cam go, build around veterans, and sign a cheap short-term QB, I'd be fine with it. This looks like we're paying Bridgewater to do a full tank while hurting chances to trade Cam for any value.

Weird to strip the team down the studs for a total, multi-year rebuild and then sign a legit QB to guide the team through it. But also weird to keep a GM known for shallow drafts to re-stock the team. I just don't get it.

Weird to strip the team down the studs for a total, multi-year rebuild and then sign a legit QB to guide the team through it. But also weird to keep a GM known for shallow drafts to re-stock the team. I just don't get it.

Why is that weird? Rhule did the same thing at Baylor. Yes, we were coming out of the Briles scandal era, but we still had a lot of talent on the team and, contrary to popular opinion, they weren't all rapists. He took a middle of the pack roster, made some bad decisions as to who to start/play, and guided us to the magical 1-11 season that allowed us to then go 11-2 two years later. He got his NFL job though, so I guess it all worked out.

With all that said, I do think he's a good coach and I like the direction he had our team headed. Hopefully Aranda can build upon the foundation.

perhaps the thought is we'll still be bad enough to get lawrence or fields, then have vet qb coverage for a season, and then have some options on what to do with teddy in year 3

perhaps the thought is we'll still be bad enough to get lawrence or fields, then have vet qb coverage for a season, and then have some options on what to do with teddy in year 3

Then just sign the Teddy Bridgewater equivalent in a few years.

Vernon Butler to (where else?) the Bills for 2 years, $16M.

This is your new ultra liberal owner from up North with no local ties? Most of the liberal board members may wish they had conservative leaning Jerry back running the show! Just another example of liberalism looking good on paper but falling to shit in the real world! I love it

you are an idiot

Please Teper, trade Christian and get some draft picks, he is the only name player we have left. The Bridgewater signing was all Brady, he wanted him and thinks he is great (I don't agree) but 20mil per for 3 years? They are out of their freaking minds.

The money isn't the issue with Teddy. That's a fine contract if we wanted to compete for the division with our QB. The problem is the lack of direction, are we tanking or not? Everything points to a full tank, except this signing which dramatically alters that. Going 6-10 or 7-9 is worst case. 1-15 would set us up better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back