• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck is Olsen doing? He has a chance to get out of football with his knees and brain intact and a cushy TV job that will earn millions over his lifetime and he wants to play another year. This is stupid.

What the fuck is Olsen doing? He has a chance to get out of football with his knees and brain intact and a cushy TV job that will earn millions over his lifetime and he wants to play another year. This is stupid.

Not being a snowflake? He wants a championship. That move gives him a great shot at it.

Championship with the Seahawks? I’d say he has about a 20% chance at most and a 60% chance of getting a concussion.

20% chance out of 32 teams? You realize that's really damn good, right?

The Seahawks are anywhere from 12/1 - 20/1 depending on which site you bet on, if you want to know the actual odds.

Yeah, I don't want Rivers. His arm is shot, and he doesn't seem like the "coach on the field" type.

This. Rivers was throwing a ton of picks last year, and it was due to lack of arm strength. He's done. And I don't think Bridgewater goes to Carolina with the team being in rebuild mode. I see him going to Tampa, Indy or maybe NE where he'd have a much better chance to win right away. You might have to draft a QB, which would mean trading up 4 spots for Tua, staying put and taking Herbert or trading up to the high 20s from the early 2nd to get Love or Eason if they're still around. I don't see LAC taking Herbert because they need a QB who will put fannies in seats, which means Brady, Cam or maybe Tua. And I think LV (if they move on from Carr), TB and Indy will be looking for veteran QBs - Indy because they're in win now mode, and TB and LV because Arians and Gruden won't want to deal with a rookie QB not named Herbert or Tua.

Kyle Allen played well enough to put us out of reach of a top 3 QB without trading up then played so bad that there’s no chance he’s the starter next season.

We have so many holes that I can’t see trading up. We need a large productive draft class. That’s really the only option.

Kyle Allen played well enough to put us out of reach of a top 3 QB without trading up then played so bad that there’s no chance he’s the starter next season.

We have so many holes that I can’t see trading up. We need a large productive draft class. That’s really the only option.

Then how do you feel about Herbert? Or maybe Eason or Love fall to the early 2nd. Trouble is QBs tend to rise in drafts, not fall. Herbert's inconsistency and type B personality could be issues. But his inconsistency wasn't anywhere near as bad as Eason's last year. Or maybe get Winston or Mariota on the cheap with the idea of tanking for Lawrence next year?

If we trade Cam then screw taking a QB, we are 100% going for Lawrence

Championship with the Seahawks? I’d say he has about a 20% chance at most and a 60% chance of getting a concussion.

Helluva lot better chance than with the hapless Panthers I must say. Panthers need to cut Cam and continue the rebuild.

Agree. Would make no sense to trade/cut Cam and then try to sign someone to try to win with. If Cam is gone then it’s full on tank and I’d assume just stick with Allen/Grier unless we make a move in this year’s draft and only guy to get excited for would be Tua (or Burrow but I’m sure that would require a king’s ransom)

I don’t get trading Cam. He’s not going to net much in a trade unless he shows something on the field. If he can still play then he should play for the Panthers. Cut him and then it’s a pure tank so just stick with Allen and Grier.

I hope we roll out Grier assuming Cam is gone. Allen will win 3-4 games. That'll be good enough for 30th or 31st in a Lawrence year.

Trading Cam for a 3rd, drafting infrastructure and sucking for Lawrence ain't such a bad plan.

Isn't this a light year for FA QB's? If so, then demand for Cam may be greater than it normal. Just need to teams in a bidding war. If Panthers are serious, then after Bridgewater signs, then interest should elevate among teams too low to draft a stud QB in the 1st.

Trading Cam for a 3rd, drafting infrastructure and sucking for Lawrence ain't such a bad plan.

I tend to agree with that if a team is willing to gamble a third round pick for Cam with the idea that they can franchise tag him the following year or sign him to a 4-year deal after a successful season and make out like bandits. I don't know what the market would be for him though coming off injury again.

FWIW, here is the 2021 QB draft class rankings:

1. Lawrence
2. Justin Fields
3. Jamie Newman
4. Kellen Mond
5. KJ Costello (transferred from Stanford to Miss. State to play for Leach)
6. Sam Ehlinger

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021QB.php

Really hard to "play for" the top pick in the next year's draft. Everyone pegged the Dolphins for the worst team in the NFL (even midway through the season) this past year, and they are picking #5. Panthers may play for Lawrence, but end up with one of those other guys...

Yeah, I think a team would really have to talk themselves into any of those guys after Lawrence. Obviously not as hard to talk yourself into Fields than the rest, but Fields still has a lot to learn imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back