• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why would Bridgewater sign on this sinking ship?

Answer: $20M, but assuming he could get that somewhere else, too....

Where? It doesn’t even look like there’s a market for Cam if the Chargers stick with Tyrod and the Pats stock with Stidham.

At this point to you hold on to Cam to prove he his heathly and see if you can trade him when/if a starting QB get hurt?

I'm reading Cam will be cut if not traded, and Panthers just killed his trade value.

At this point to you hold on to Cam to prove he his heathly and see if you can trade him when/if a starting QB get hurt?

Not after how Tepper and co have handled it. They gave him a farewell.

Bears we’re pretty best chance to trade him but they got Foles. Are we he Jags really going with Minshew ?

Belichick is waiting on cam to be cut. He's gonna be a patriot and he's gonna lead them to the playoffs.

Bears we’re pretty best chance to trade him but they got Foles. Are we he Jags really going with Minshew ?

Jags have been an enigma. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick Love or Herbert with their pick and let that person compete with Minshew. I mean I thought the shine had worn off Minshew by the end of the year, but apparently not. They have cap issues and probably can't take on a large QB salary, which is why I'm guessing they're leaning drafting Love or Herbert.

I agree about tanking in the NFL in general, but the one position you can really do it with is QB. The Suck for Luck year the Colts were blatant with it - they trotted out Curtis Painter all year and I’m pretty sure he was winless in all his starts. Then they started Dan Orlavsky in the last couple games and almost fucked it up because he nearly won the last couple.

Going 6-10 is worthless if you think there is a Super Bowl caliber QB in the next draft (certainly debatable with Lawrence or Fields) but I would much rather have one of them than a dude whose knee basically exploded a few years ago and led an already strong roster to some wins last year.

Not winless. They won a game late against Tennesee I think. I was in a Survivor pool and needed Indy to lose to win $20k. That game fucked me over and I lost the pool.

Belichick is waiting on cam to be cut. He's gonna be a patriot and he's gonna lead them to the playoffs.

Belichick certainly has not forgotten the 2017 game when the Panthers went up to NE and dropped 33 on the Pats in one of the few home losses for the Pats in the Brady/Belichick era. Cam was special that day: 22/29 319 yards 3TDs passing; 8 for 44 1 TD rushing. Panthers 33 Pats 30. Cam was the best QB on the field that day, and Brady was still an elite QB. That was just two years ago, and Cam is still 30. Belichick looks for bargains, and Cam could be among the best.

Healthy Cam is a bargain.

Absolutely. Trouble is any coach and GM are going to want to see him run and throw and pass a physical before signing him. And I continue to think the shoulder is more of a long term problem than the foot. Since mid 2018 when he hurt it, he has had no velocity on his downfield throws.

Loved Walker at Temple. Played under Matt Ruhle. Deacs beat Walker in his last college game. Walker did throw for 396 yards and 2 TDs.

Last edited:
It's kind of suspect for a former college coach to come in and start bringing in former players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back