• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chargers not wanting to pursue him doesn’t make much sense even if they do plan to draft a QB, but I guess that organization doesn’t seem to know what it’s doing in general

Chargers not wanting to pursue him doesn’t make much sense even if they do plan to draft a QB, but I guess that organization doesn’t seem to know what it’s doing in general

I don't know. The concern with Cam is not that he isn't a great physical specimen. I mean you can watch the video and see he's ripped. But if I'm a GM, I wouldn't consider paying him starter money until I see a video of him throwing it with his old velocity. And if you're LAC and saying you're building for the future, and you don't know if he can zing it, and you like both Tua and Herbert, then it's not unreasonable to go with Tyrod and bring your rookie along when he's ready. Tyrod is decent, and they probably should have started him instead of Rivers by the end of the season because Rivers sucked.

The Bucs and Falcons got new uniforms. Seems like a good time for the Panthers to get new unis after blowing up the franchise. Make a clean break.

Maybe Lawrence can show off the new unis when going up on stage to shake Goodell's hand

The Bucs and Falcons got new uniforms. Seems like a good time for the Panthers to get new unis after blowing up the franchise. Make a clean break.

Agree. The "flying" helmet logo reeks of 90's. I know, supposedly it is in the shape of NC/SC. The unis can change but still need to be classic.

Nah I like the unis and colors since they made the change a few years ago. Favoring the blue is better than when the black and silver were more prominent

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29012736/matt-rhule-says-cam-newton-release-more-teddy-bridgewater

Anyone else take this as a very negative endorsement of Cam? You make a career/franchise decision to cut your former MVP QB, and all you have to say are these broad generalities?

"We went ahead and made that call, not an easy call, but one we thought was the best one moving forward.''

"I don't want to make it too much about Cam in a negative way, because I have so much respect for him and the player that he is and the player that he will definitely continue to be"

"Cam Newton is a great quarterback and can play in any system,"

"I'd say, obviously, I don't know if that's our focus right now, a first-round quarterback," he said. "But at the end of the day, if a guy drops in your lap that you think -- at any position -- you think can change your team ... don't let need overtake what's the best thing long term."

I know it's a lot of coach speak, but man, Cam and Luke have been the absolute life blood of the Panthers for the last decade.

We've discussed Tepper's methods with the staff, and cold blooded as it may be, it's what Hurney needs... but the head coach of an NFL team these days needs to be both coach and press secretary.

Teddy is a more accurate thrower than Cam, and at this time, has fewer health questions.

The Panthers couldn't pass on Bridgewater waiting to see how healthy Cam is, especially when Teddy is the more accurate option. They couldn't risk Cam returning with a new throwing motion, like he had last year, that just wasn't getting the job done. Even healthy, Cam is not the most consistently accurate thrower. That has been bemoaned on these boards many times. I'm thinking our new offense needs someone who throws a good deep ball.

I have same affection for Cam as y'all. He won me over with hard work during the CBA lockout and came in dazzling the league. But sentiment means nothing, and there is a long history of iconic QB's who finished their careers on other teams.

So yeah, Rhule has to walk the fine line of not throwing Cam under the bus while also moving on.

So I’m watching the Sugar Bowl between Baylor and Georgia because there’s nothing else on and I haven’t seen it. Not blown away with Baylor in this game having watched them a few times earlier in the year against Big 12 defenses.

Yeah, count me out on new jerseys if it means something like the Falcons just rolled out. Yikes

It will be a sad footnote to Cam's career if his only opportunity to start elsewhere is with a team that has one foot overseas, and if on that team he can't beat out someone named Gardner Minshew.

Jags one foot overseas? To what city, praytell - London?

Agree. The "flying" helmet logo reeks of 90's. I know, supposedly it is in the shape of NC/SC. The unis can change but still need to be classic.

Didn’t know that. Always wondered why they didn’t just go with the Growling panther head sans neck/state map thingy.

Yes London. You know, fish, chips, cup of tea? Bad food, worse weather Mary fuckin Poppins London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back